Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    I feed Grain Free Canadae and have very good success. No skin probs, no gas, good stools
    Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    i have read that white vinegar is also used for a dogs coat but i dont know if you can put it in the food/water,i only use apple cider vinegar ,i put in her water/food,and spray her withit also,have you checked your dogs ears?i have been having trouble with some form of allergy with annie i put it down to kibble,the vet said frontline!!,well she has been so good up till yesterday,she was absolutly itch free but when i came in from work i had to take her straight to the vets,her ear was so inflames,red pustles all over her stomache and all infected,but her ear is terrible,now she has never shown any symptoms of yeast in her ears which i think is strange,anyway shes on antibiotics,steroid cream for her ears and a strong antihistamine all of which i was trying so hard to avoid!!,strange thing is on tuesday when she was itch free i took her for a run on our local field and also i noticed that the tree stumps where we live have all been sprayed and have white rings around them where pesticides have been sprayed!!,so no more field running or walks for a while come to that i will excersize her in my garden ,karen
    I was going to say it sounds as if he came into contact w something... Poor guy! Hope he feels better soon! No Memphis's ears look GREAT! n his not itching at all which i know u mentioned that he doesnt have to itch to have yeast... I am gradually swtiching him from the NVI duck n turkey which IS grain free BUT has Tapioca which is high in Carbs to Fromm Beef Frattata... Hopefully this helps but he has his last shot appt in a few days so i will have him totally checked out n see what the vets says... I havent rushed him in because he is not itching, his ears look great etc etc etc...

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

thats great your guys ears are clear,your vet will be able put you in the right direction ,keep us posted ,karen

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Update... I switched Memphis from NVI to FROMM Beef Frittata, bought anti fungal shampoo n apple cidar vinager n the rust color is GONE! YEAAAAAA....

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah Bardwell View Post
    Update... I switched Memphis from NVI to FROMM Beef Frittata, bought anti fungal shampoo n apple cidar vinager n the rust color is GONE! YEAAAAAA....
    wow ! thats great!!!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    thats great your guys ears are clear,your vet will be able put you in the right direction ,keep us posted ,karen
    How did you use the apple vinegar? Rub it on? In food/water? ?

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I just got off the phone with Fromm. Its a local company here. They told me that the Beef Frittata was the best they had for carb content at 31.5%. Their Salmon flavor Four Star is 39% and the Whitefish/sweet potato is 46%. She also said that for dogs with food allergies the Beef Frittata was the best they make.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@BruceP I love the beef frittata. We did get the surf n turf and it is working out pretty well as well. It is grain free but does have a small amount of chicken.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

apple cider vinegar can be put on skin ,used to clean ears,tear stains,can be put in drinking water,in food and after a bath sprayed on a dog and left to soak in ,i use it /white vinegar to mop my floors its fantastic for removing dirt and killing germs,it does smell for a while but the smell soon goes,karen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads