Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: discolored fur under neck, on inside legs n belly

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    i raw feed my dog,i have cut out all carbs as i believe she has developed a yeast problem at the moment its only minor ,the only way to tackle yeast in a dog is to cut out carbs and sugar,she hasnt licked her paws today and her belly and pits look good,so im hoping that the yeast is slowly comming out of her system,karen
    Does dry dog food have carbs? Im not where i can look at the bag to see...

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

any kibble i ever used always had carbs,i fed james wellbelloved,fish4 dogs,what do you feed?,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

you need to check online and see whats in the kibble your feeding,it may not say carbs,but if it has tapioca then thats a high carb,its quite a mine field when your kibble feeding,thats why i dont feed it now,they all say a percentage of meat but what grade is the meat,they dont use the best quality its always the cheapest they can get,and after its been baked at high temps then what goodness is left in ,i would imagine none at all,just a flavouring to get the dogs to eat it,dont mean to drone on lol,but after ive seen the effects on kibble v raw i cant help myself lol,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruckus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bekah Bardwell View Post
    What do u feed now?
    He is now on the Fromm beef grain free, thanks to everyone here. . He looks great again. Rusty color is gone, and no more tear stains!! Yay!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Yay @Piamitch! That is great! Hopefully it will help @Bekah Bardwell too.

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

you need to check online and see whats in the kibble your feeding,it may not say carbs,but if it has tapioca then thats a high carb,its quite a mine field when your kibble feeding,thats why i dont feed it now,they all say a percentage of meat but what grade is the meat,they dont use the best quality its always the cheapest they can get,and after its been baked at high temps then what goodness is left in ,i would imagine none at all,just a flavouring to get the dogs to eat it,dont mean to drone on lol,but after ive seen the effects on kibble v raw i cant help myself lol,karen
    OH WOW, i checked online n Natures Variety Instinct Duck n Turkeys fourth ingre. is Tapioca uggggggg... (Duck Meal & Turkey Meal Formula
    INGREDIENTS: Duck Meal, Turkey Meal, Salmon Meal, Tapioca, Canola Oil, Tomato Pomace, Pumpkinseeds, Herring Meal, Sun-Cured Alfalfa Meal, Montmorillonite Clay, Natural Flavor...)

I will be switching...

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Piamitch View Post
    He is now on the Fromm beef grain free, thanks to everyone here. . He looks great again. Rusty color is gone, and no more tear stains!! Yay!!
    That is what i bought him yesterday... keeping my fingers crossed!

Bulldog(s) Names
    meaty
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness!!! Poor baby!!! I am so sorry! I pray the new food will help. I'm sure it will. Please let me know how it goes.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello~
    It does look like it is a cuse for some research. AS others have posted, there are so many conditions that can cause skin problems with Bullies. This is one of the conditions that Bulie owners have to deal with. A process of elimination takes time to find out exactly what it is. Just switiching foods is a long process and can be very expensive. if you decide to switch food, its best to switch over slowly over the course of a week. Slowly blend old with new during the course of a week. Just doing a complete switch can cause stomach problems and digestion problems. While many if not most Bullies are allergic to chicken, others are also affected by grains.
    if your vet has done a scraping and ruled out a yeast infection, it could be from other sources that are causing the redness. Tear stains can be caused by the imbalance in PH levels. The Ph level can be affected by foods, water, grass, plastic or wool.

The point of all this is to TAKE it slowly and only change ONE thing at a time. Track what you change and watch for results.
    Good Day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

I feed Grain Free Canadae and have very good success. No skin probs, no gas, good stools
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    I feed Grain Free Canadae and have very good success. No skin probs, no gas, good stools
    apple cider vinigar,you can buy it at health shops ,make sure its unfiltered,i use it on annies itchy bits as shes still a bit itchy but not nearly as bad ,i also put it on her food as she wont take it in her water,just a desert spoon every morning,shes responding very well,but if it is a yeast problem then the only way to get rid of it is to not feed anything that can convert to sugar as carbs make sugar and sugar makes yeast,you may have to rethink kibble ,its only my opinion as the pics do look like bad yeast ,others may think differently ,but to be honest trying to deal with it yourself with natural remmedies is far better for the dog than medication which lowers the immune system thus leading to more problems and medication very rarely cures the illness just the symptoms,only my opinion though,karen
    does it have to b apple cider? Can it b reg. vinager? Just wondering... Also do i just rub it on the rusty colored areas or bath him in it?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

i have read that white vinegar is also used for a dogs coat but i dont know if you can put it in the food/water,i only use apple cider vinegar ,i put in her water/food,and spray her withit also,have you checked your dogs ears?i have been having trouble with some form of allergy with annie i put it down to kibble,the vet said frontline!!,well she has been so good up till yesterday,she was absolutly itch free but when i came in from work i had to take her straight to the vets,her ear was so inflames,red pustles all over her stomache and all infected,but her ear is terrible,now she has never shown any symptoms of yeast in her ears which i think is strange,anyway shes on antibiotics,steroid cream for her ears and a strong antihistamine all of which i was trying so hard to avoid!!,strange thing is on tuesday when she was itch free i took her for a run on our local field and also i noticed that the tree stumps where we live have all been sprayed and have white rings around them where pesticides have been sprayed!!,so no more field running or walks for a while come to that i will excersize her in my garden ,karen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads