2 questions

ZeusEB

May 5, 2011
Utah, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
zeus
#1 I know all dogs go through teenage years. At what age does a english bulldogs go through this and when do they grow out of it?

# 2 Will my bulldog get more wrinkles as he gets older?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
hmmm the teenage years. I guess that will be different for all dogs. My Abby went through it very fast, my Bella is almost two and still going through it.

As far as the wrinkles, I don't know the official answer but My two didn't change much after about 1 year of age.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
1. All dogs are different, some don't go through them at all, while others will always be spunky. I'm thinking the magic age is around 2 years.

2. I'm guessing most should get a lot of their deep wrinkles between 1.5-2 years. However, I've heard some people discover a new deep wrinkle even when their bully's already 5.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bullies usually look off balance from 5 months to about a year, they grow up but not wide. They start to broaden after they are 1. They reach full development at around two, but can still change after that.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bullies usually look off balance from 5 months to about a year, they grow up but not wide. They start to broaden after they are 1. They reach full development at around two, but can still change after that.

Awww..a work in progress..just like me! :lol: Actually this is EXACTLY what Jake is like. Some long legs..looks very lanky. Weighs about the same as some other bullies his age...BUT he looks lighter..guess because of his legs!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I would say somewhere around 2 is when Cutty stopped doing most of his bad habits. As for wrinkles... Cutty looks pretty much the same BUT has gained facial wrinkles as he has aged. I mean he is 5 1/2 and maybe 6 months ago I found another deeper one on his face that needs cleaned. They just appear all of a sudden, its funny. BUT visually I dont think anyone would notice.

Most Reactions