Can't decide...need help

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
:confused: Hi I need some help in choosing between 2 puppies from bulldog owners who might know from their own experience. What personality is easiest to train........a puppy who is laid back, mild mannered, watch everyone else or one who is curious, inquisitive the first to figure everything out and knows what he wants. This will be my first bully and I have no idea which personality to pick. They are both males and just over 6 weeks. I only have a few hours to decide and would apreciate any input...thanks.

Weberbulldogs

Jun 24, 2010
North Georgia
Bulldog(s) Names
Halo & her Baby Moose & 2 Frenchies Herschel and Margo
At only 6 weeks old they really haven't deveolped their true personalities yet. Its best to speak with the breeder and see which puppy they suggest would best suite your lifestyle, if its a good breeder they should be more than willing to give you more info on each puppy to help you make the best choice!

Good luck! :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I agree with weber although if you had to choose based on that info I would have to go with the mellow one. Doesnt mean they wont be the crazy curious one in the end tho. ;) I say you cant go worng with either, go with your gut. And hurry up and post some pics! :)

OP
den1005

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
Darn!!!......I wanted someone to decide for me, lol. I want the lazy, mellow pup and my husband and daughter want the curious one who follows you everywhere. The breeder has done a good job describing the personalities and either one would fit. I will definitely post some pics.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I guess the question would be this... Who always gets their way ;)

I am sure either way you will both be in love :) :) :)

mom2bullies

May 29, 2010
Auburn,WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
How about both???
If it were me.... the one that is curious, But which ever, you will love having a bully in the house.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Watch out for the curious ones. They tend to be very naughty. Think of them as children. Would you want a 2 year old that is curious and putting things in mouths and finding new places to play and things to chew or the laid back and give me a break type of puppy? I prefer the laid back one. I have one of each and my puppy is exhausting! I love her to death but she is a PITA. (sorry mom)
I have one that sits on the couch and the other who like to chew on the couch and climb to the highest point of the couch so she can jump off it onto whoever is walking by.

OP
den1005

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
Watch out for the curious ones. They tend to be very naughty. Think of them as children. Would you want a 2 year old that is curious and putting things in mouths and finding new places to play and things to chew or the laid back and give me a break type of puppy? I prefer the laid back one. I have one of each and my puppy is exhausting! I love her to death but she is a PITA. (sorry mom)
I have one that sits on the couch and the other who like to chew on the couch and climb to the highest point of the couch so she can jump off it onto whoever is walking by.

AH HA......I knew it!! I am so losing the battle.......the bully is for my daughter but in the fall she finishes her last year of college, add her job, social life and the raising and watching of the puppy will be my problem. I want the lazy puppy! I still have some time to plead my case. The worst thing is in the picture the breeder sent yesterday of the funny, sassy, inquisitive bully shows him so cute and so docile my husband and daughter told me I am worying over nothing.

OP
den1005

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
Here's his picture.....see what I mean!

Dillingersixweeks.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Oh no! Get him! He's too cute! Either way, the bully is gonna be the boss of you. Good luck! Stripe is so cute!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I had the same problem a couple months ago. My husband and son wanted the puppy with more personality, his brother was more laid back and I wanted him. Hubby and son won and I tell you what, I don't regret getting my little monster one bit. He provides so much happiness and unlimited laughter he's good for the soul.

Which one did you end up going with?

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Omg! He's adorable! Look at the chubby wrinkly little guy! I think you've found your match ;)
Let us know which you pick after all! :)

OP
den1005

den1005

Jun 22, 2010
Grand Island, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Dillinger
I lost :( But I am sure Dillinger (that is the name my daughter decided on) will be a good boy! The reason I have concerns is my daughter had an old english bulldog, he was the most loving, funny and kind dog, but he was fearless and curious. Cadillac died in a tragic accident a couple of months ago at the age of 10 months. I could not go through that pain again. I know accidents can happen to any type dog but I thought a lazy, laid back dog would have a better chance of not getting into trouble.......commonsense tells me that is wishful thinking. Dillinger arrives Saturday and everyone is eagerly waiting for his arrival.....unfortunately he is already spoiled and he isn't even here yet.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.