I've created a monster!!

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
We have been staying at my sisters house for about 3 weeks while I'm looking for a new place to move into. The house is cramped with all of us in there and Brodie has been sleeping in the bed with me and my daughter. I had to bring him to ER vet Monday night for swallowing a SOCK!!! They forced him to throw up and he was fine, thank God. When we got home at 1am I wanted him to sleep in his kennel in case he got sick again. Well he cried and barked until I had to take him out and let him in the bed with us. Now I don't know what to do. He is still small right now but when he gets big he is still going to want to sleep with either me or my daughter. And he pushes us off our pillows and lays across the pillow and sleeps!!! Bad boy. LOL IMAG0228.jpg

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
We used to have Brutus in our room with us when he was a puppy and then he began being naughty and eating things around the room. The first night all he did was cry and bark in his crate, but we stuck it out for the night and he eventually (after about 3 hours) stopped barking. Next night we did the same thing, but put a blanket or towel over his crate so he could only see out the front and that seems to calm him down a bit more, but he still cried. By the end of about the 4th day he kinda figured it out and only cried for about 15 min. He now loves his cage and even sleeps in it when its not bed time.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwwwwwwww.... aren't they just the cutest when asleep???? :heart:

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie has slept in his crate since I got him at 9 weeks old but for the last two-three weeks he has been sleeping in the bed with us. So now he is used to it. I don't mind him sleeping with me now but he is going to be a big boy soon. LOL. Guess I need to suffer through it and get him back in the routine of sleeping in the crate. :*(

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
You know Bullies are just like children!!! My daughter is 4 and I'm going to have to re-train her also! Now she doesn't want to go to sleep until I get in the bed with her. Gotta find a place ASAP and get this kiddo's back on track.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian and Oliver started out in the crate, but now they sleep in bed with my husband and I. Oliver has a bad habit of wanting to lay on my pillow with his head on my neck and breathing in my ear! Right now, it's not too bad, but I'm sure in another 20 pounds, I'll be rethinking!!! We used to let our St. Bernard, Maverick, sleep with us, so I'm sure two bullies will be no sweat.

L

Lucy-licious

I'm sure when you get your own place again it wont take that long to train your 2 little monsters to sleep without mommy :)
Until then enjoy the snuggles :D

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
OMG @Kim Sebastian n Oliver Brodie does that! He lays his head on either my neck or my head and just snores away. LOL. I love it!!

Oh I am [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION], they are great snuggle bugs!

Last edited:

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Love the picture! When I got Katie, I tried to let her sleep on her bed in my room (because the dander and fur kind of makes me itch if she's in bed with me). She kept jumping up and putting her front paws on the bed, whining to get up there... she would go from one side to the other trying to get me to let her up in the bed with me. She has mastered hopping on the couch, but the bed not so much. She quit whining and went to lay down on her bed after awhile, but the same behavior kept on the next couple of nights. Now she sleeps on her bed in the kitchen right outside my door, and that has worked out fine.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online