Bragging time...for those who experience rude comments!

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I have had another crazy week. I am going to be catching up on all of the other posts. While this was fresh in my head I wanted to post.

Tubs completed and passed his puppy class a few weeks back and is now registered as a S.T.A.R. puppy with AKC.

He started his obedience class last week. He is doing amazing! Every time we go I get more and more confident that he will be a wonderful therapy dog someday!

Class isn't always great though. Everyone seems to want to use Tubs and only Tubs as a joke. I have been getting comments like "oh he won't be able to do a brisk walk." "oh the down stay is easy for him" "the 1 minute stand is going to be hard for him because his legs can't hold his weight" Yes, these are exactly the comments that we have been getting. But guess what.....our little man already went through 8 weeks of training and guess who's dog can complete all of the exercises the first time without the need of being physically manipulated into the correct position! THAT WOULD BE TUBS!!!!!!! I really don't get why people have to be so mean and have to say negative things about someone else's family members. There is a little dog in our class and I don't go up to that owner and say "oh look at your little rat dog!" I have to say that this is the first place that I have gotten so many negative comments in one place and on a consistent basis. There is one trainer there that is a good guy and he keeps commenting on how well Tubs is doing so I guess I will just listen to those who have positive things to say and show-up the rest of the owners when they feel the need to bee rude.

I will get my daughter to take pictures and videos next week so you all can see how well he is doing! :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
GO TUBS!!! Those people are just jealous of how smart he is. :hug:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
i have to agree with what [MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] said--those rude folks sound like they're jealous and a bit insecure. I think the fact that Tubs is doing so well says it all---he's awesome!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well looks like Tubbs got the last laugh didn't he? Go Tubbs!!!

L

Lucy-licious

There are always those people who will try to avert attention from their own failings by ridiculing others.
To be honest I feel these comments as you describe them are perhaps over stepping the Mark. These people are upsetting you and that is unacceptable. You are obviously not the type of person to bite back otherwise you would have by now. Would you feel able, when the next comment is made, to quietly say " I am sorry but I find your comments very upsetting." If not could you speak to the person running the class let them know it's upsetting you. Don't let these people continue to ridicule Tubs because their own puppies are not as good and they are jealous.

And Tubs is amazing I could never get my sweet baby to do her tricks first time. She knows Sit Down Stay and Leave it but any other command is ignored because she is too excited for a treat. :lol:

And please [MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION] can you explain S.T.A.R. To me it has been mentioned by Olivers mummy as he too wants to be a therapy dog :)

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 046.jpg GO TUBS! Those people are just jealous!!!!!!!!!!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Yey Tubs! And hey, they might look like a big ball of flub, but they're actually a lot of muscle...so proud of him. Maybe Tubs can help Brutus with the commands :p

OP
speechmom53

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
@Lucy-licious...the S.T.A.R. Puppy Program is the AKC's version of the CGC for puppies. The have to attend a 6 weeks of training and pass the following"

OWNER BEHAVIOR:
Maintian puppy's health, Sign the CGC Responsible Owners Pledge, Owner has an adequate daily play and excercise plan, Owner and Puppy attend at least 6 puppy classes, Owner brings bags to class for cleaning up after puppy, Owner has obtained some form of ID for the puppy.

PUPPY BEHAVIORS:
Free of aggression toward people during the puppy class, Free of aggression toward other puppies in the class, Tolerates collar or body harness of owner's choice (no electronic collars), Owner can hug or hold puppy (depending on size), Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy.

PRE-CANINE GOOD CITIZEN BEHAVIORS:
Allows (in any position) petting by a person other than the owner, Grooming-allows owner handling and brief exam by owner (ears, feet), walks on a leash -follows owner on lead in a straight line (15 steps), walks by other people (walks on leash past a person who is 5 ft away), sits on command-owner may use food to lure, down on command-owner may use food to lure, comes to owner from 5-ft when name is called, reaction to distractions-distractions are presented 15 ft away, stays on leash with another person (owner walks 10 steps away and returns).

This is a list of what is on the S.T.A.R. Puppy eval form. We were just lucky and the place where we are taking Tubs just started this puppy program. His class (of 2) was the first class to get certified as S.T.A.R Puppies for this Kennel Club. They use to do just puppy training classes, not the S.T.A.R. Puppy certification. So, you will have to make sure where ever you decide to go for training they have the ability to certify them. Their is paperwork the trainers have to fill out and send in to the AKC as well.

I hope this helps. Basically it gives them a head start to becoming a CGC and then they can get certified as a Therapy Dog. :)

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=1863]speechmom53[/MENTION]

Puppy allows owner to take away a treat or toy.

Oh well Lucy would fail that one :lol:
I'd have to catch her first :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Congrats to you both. Sounds like you two are quite a team. I don't call them Rat dogs... I call them 'Kick-me' dogs....:lmao: Ignore them cuz you know you and tubs are just better than them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.