cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Yesterday while at the vet's for Tate's last set of puppy shots, he got weighed...28.4 pounds!!

I had to ask the vet tech to repeat that to me...all this time i thought he was a svelt 17lbs! i don't know why i had that number in my head but that's what i kept telling people who'd ask me his wt. :hmm:

So, now i'm wondering if this wt is a healthy one or not...i mean, is it too much? he's going to be 16wks old this Thursday so he still has a lot more growing up to do. Maybe i'm giving him too many snacks?!

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
It's been so long since I've had a bulldog puppy. But he looks like he is a good/healthy size in your picture:heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I had to go look at Vegas's vet papers, he was neutered at 4 months (I adopted him at a little over 4.5 months old) , and I have the records, he weighed 26.5, he is now 2, and maintained 61-63 for over a year now. I think he looks perfect!!

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 587.jpg Daphne is 8 months old and weighs 36 pounds, @ 5 months i think she was around 23 pounds

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
thanks everyone. i feel better now! just wanted to make sure Tate wasn't too way up there but it sounds like he's on track!

cslafferty

Jan 17, 2011
Linden, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola (1/31/11) & Chief (9/18/00-12/30/10)
My Lola is 3.5 months old. At her 3 mo. check up she was almost 12 lbs. But, her mom was only 45 lbs full grown, so she may be on the smaller side. Tate looks great!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian is almost 5 months and about 25 pounds and Oliver (same age) is a whopping 36+ pounds. My vet didn't seem concerned about Ollie's weight, so I think he's going to be a big bully. The boys only get treats when I'm training them, which is not for long or even every day. I wouldn't worry about Tate, he looks Tater-licious in his photos.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I think he is perfect! I took Gypsy in today and she is 4 months 1 week and weighed in at 27lbs.

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I always seem to need to "weigh" in on these posts to put some minds at ease. Tubs is 7 months old and 2 weeks ago he weighed in at 51.2 lbs. I am sure he is close to 55 lbs now. I have to take a picture looking down on him because he has a nice slender waist (he is sleeping now, so I will do it tomorrow). His daddy is a big boy and Tubs was the largest one in the litter, so he is just going to be a big lovable boy! As long as the vet says his weight is good I wouldn't worry! :)

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Brutus was around that weight at 4 months and Tate looks great and healthy in his picture! Now Brutus is 14 months, 70 pounds and a walking tank of muscle lol. Can't wait to see how big he will get!!! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Sounds spot on to me for the little cutie patootie!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
As long as you can see the waist line...I think you are good. Plus, he's still a puppy and burning calories like crazy. But, be careful what you feed. It's so easy to let these guys be cute and fat. Vegas finally is down to a good weight at 55.5 pounds. He is real tall and long, not very muscular. He is almost 4. Orion, on the other hand, will be celebrating her birthday next month. She will be 2. She is all muscle. She is 36 pounds. She is small, but solid muscle.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.