Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
OMG!!! so glad he is safe and sound, although I have all Vegas's shot records including recent rabie shot, I do NOT have him licensed, you know I have never even thought of that!! Crap I better check in to that, I know in Ohio I had to have my dogs licensed but I do not know Florida rules [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]????????

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Thank goodness you found Samson safe and sound. I have block walls and only one gate that is always padlocked. No one can get in or out without climbing. Now I know BabyGirl and Wilson cannot possibly pole vault out of my yard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 040.jpg OMG!!! I am so glad you got him back!!!!! I definitely would have had a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
OMG!!! so glad he is safe and sound, although I have all Vegas's shot records including recent rabie shot, I do NOT have him licensed, you know I have never even thought of that!! Crap I better check in to that, I know in Ohio I had to have my dogs licensed but I do not know Florida rules [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION]????????

When you get the rabies shot, it should come with a tag. I truly believe this is the license for your county. Now I don't have collars on the dogs while home, so if one did get out, no tags, however I have them micro chipped.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
we have to have our dogs licensed too when they reach 6 months, so right now the boys aren't licensed but the bigger dogs are! Also, Sebastian is getting fixed when he's around 6 months so his license will be cheaper, but I'm not getting Oliver fixed until he's older, so his license will cost more. They both have their rabies shot, but no license as yet.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], I did get a tag, Vegas only wears a collar when I take him out, but I do have one, so that is the same as licensing? Vegas is Micro-chipped. I just dont ever want him to get away, and defiantely do not want the fine.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Here in Wisconsin the rules are any dog over 5 months old and that you've had more than a month has to be licensed, License must be renewed annually and you have to prove rabies vaccination. There is a reduced fee for spayed/neutered dogs.
I've heard it's not enforced a lot, but we did license HRH when we got her, and renewed for 2011 in January. And Bruce insists on her wearing the tags when we walk in public or go to Petsmart. "just in case".

I know Ohio has some strict licensing rules, and when I lived in Hancock County it was one of the strictest counties when it came to enforcement. They went through a period of sending animal control officers door to door canvasing. We didn't dare go without getting a license. But we didn't have to have the tag on the dog's collar. Just as long as we could produce it if asked.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], every Florida County is different, but here in Clay and Duval: The license goes along with the rabies tag. You will need to google search your county laws, but most likely they are the same. I am sure your vet would tell you if you are missing something.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
HOW SCARY!!! I would have had a heart attack too! I am so glad that someone turned him in instead of taking him home. I hope that never happens again.

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], yes, Vegas is probably licensed. The vet does it for you when you get your rabies vaccinations. At least they did for us up in Pasco county and in Brevard county as well. Here in Jefferson County, KY they do it for you as well. My vet actually asked today about giving Gypsy her license but we are waiting until she is spayed before we do it. If they aren't spayed, it is $90 and if they are spayed it is $10.

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
wow this thread got a lot of action! Yes my dad felt very bad. However, he has resigned from baby sitting. My dad owns a POS software company and this is the office that samson stays in while i work across the street. He said once he gets working he just doesnt pay enough attention and he feels really horrible that samson got out. I guess its back to the crate while im at work for little sammy :( i feel bad for crating him, but i have never walked into him crying, just snoaring.... hahaha

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Awww I'm so glad he's back home. I would have been crying and not able to move if my dog went missing.

Most Reactions