Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rambo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

OMG! Ive been there, its heartbreaking. My boston terrier got out april 13th, and to this day I still havent found her I have spent hundreds of dollars on her search, but sad to say, someone has her, and it breaks my heart they wont call the number on the collar and give her back. I keep my hopes up and someday hope to see her out and about so we can bring her back home, but till then I have my rambo and diamond to heal my hearts a bit. I miss her everyday but I thank everyone whos helped me, and I most of all thank having my rambo back, since they both got out at the same time. 2 best friends ever since I first I got rambo to be her friend.
    -079-jpg

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh my im so glad that you got him back. i would have a heart attack to if sarah was missing. i worry with her out in the pen with the boys in the winter time as there have been some dogs snatched in the towns nearby. luckily we live in an isolated area but you never know. sarah and i send hugs that it never happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by malaviKat View Post
    You are so fortunate to have gotten him back! I cannot even imagine going through that. We won't even tie our dog up outside when running into a coffee shop - one of us always stays with him or he stays home. We've been told that people would walk off with him for sure... You were fortunate that whomever found your baby had the decency to turn him in and not keep him for themselves!

I am also in Ontario (like mbuxx) and like many of you in the US, licensing is required here though there is no age stipulation. It's kind of ridiculous how much cheaper it is to license a fixed dog though I understand why the city (Toronto) does it. Chance was licensed as soon as we brought him home - partially as per the City's requirements and partially as per our condo's requirements (our pets must also be registered with property management with proof of City registration and vet information in order to have valid condo registration). The rabies tag comes from the vet and is separate to the City license.
    Yea, I find it crazy that people cannot license their dogs until 6 months. I don't even have my dog yet, and he is already licensed. Tag in hand ready to go the moment I get him. I live in Alberta.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

$20 a year?! That's fantastic. In Toronto an unaltered dog is $60/year, $25/year if fixed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

SO glad you found your baby....I can't imagine! I'm sure your dad feels terrible.

Also, just wanted to throw out there that in PA they also do a "lifetime" dog license if you do a microchip. We got Penny chipped when we got her spayed last week & the vet's office gave us the application. It's nice to only do it once & I think only like $30. Something to check into if your bully is microchipped!

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post
    SO glad you found your baby....I can't imagine! I'm sure your dad feels terrible.

Also, just wanted to throw out there that in PA they also do a "lifetime" dog license if you do a microchip. We got Penny chipped when we got her spayed last week & the vet's office gave us the application. It's nice to only do it once & I think only like $30. Something to check into if your bully is microchipped!
    WHOA! That's cool! They don't do that where I live because they require annual rabbies vaccination to qualify for the license. But, if I really think about it - they should be able to give out lifetime licenses because, they can always revoke the license if the rabbies shot is expired. But then, I guess they want their twenty bucks! Hah!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

Chance got microchipped by the breeder's vet and we got all the information when he came home with us.. But as far as I know, Toronto doesn't make any kind of exception when it comes to that. It's funny... we actually live on the border of Toronto and a neighboring city. Where we fall seems to be entirely dependent upon which city will make more money (car license, pet license, taxes etc.)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    WHOA! That's cool! They don't do that where I live because they require annual rabbies vaccination to qualify for the license. But, if I really think about it - they should be able to give out lifetime licenses because, they can always revoke the license if the rabbies shot is expired. But then, I guess they want their twenty bucks! Hah!
    I'll have to read the fine print...I may have to submit proof of rabies or something as we go along

Real Name
    Mike Sutherland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elliott.
    Likes (Received)

I am totally relieved that Samson is home safe. That would have been a horrible ordeal for you and the bully to go through. Glad that he is safe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads