Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

@KMARINO, every Florida County is different, but here in Clay and Duval: The license goes along with the rabies tag. You will need to google search your county laws, but most likely they are the same. I am sure your vet would tell you if you are missing something.

Always with me

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

HOW SCARY!!! I would have had a heart attack too! I am so glad that someone turned him in instead of taking him home. I hope that never happens again.

@KMARINO, yes, Vegas is probably licensed. The vet does it for you when you get your rabies vaccinations. At least they did for us up in Pasco county and in Brevard county as well. Here in Jefferson County, KY they do it for you as well. My vet actually asked today about giving Gypsy her license but we are waiting until she is spayed before we do it. If they aren't spayed, it is $90 and if they are spayed it is $10.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

wow this thread got a lot of action! Yes my dad felt very bad. However, he has resigned from baby sitting. My dad owns a POS software company and this is the office that samson stays in while i work across the street. He said once he gets working he just doesnt pay enough attention and he feels really horrible that samson got out. I guess its back to the crate while im at work for little sammy i feel bad for crating him, but i have never walked into him crying, just snoaring.... hahaha

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I could feel your panic. Just glad all is well..hope you don't have a tomorrow!

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

Awww I'm so glad he's back home. I would have been crying and not able to move if my dog went missing.
    Kim, Steve and Brutus <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    meaty
    Likes (Received)

So happy you got your baby back!!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)

Samson was found doing the dirty with a lawn knome a few blocks away..

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I wanted to do the dang worthless without pics smiley..but iPad won't let me!!! Poor Samson..guess he's been watching you too much..

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

wow, that is so scary! i'm so glad you got him back and no one stole him. i would have died before i could find butler if i were in that situation.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Well here in PR I regret to say that we dont register our dogs only Pitbulls, but yes responsable pet owners do get thier dog vacinated as I have Zeus, he has all his shots. Most cities here are now doing campaigns going town to town providing free shots and also spraying, this has help alot of people.
    Who love thier pets but just cant afford it.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

You are so fortunate to have gotten him back! I cannot even imagine going through that. We won't even tie our dog up outside when running into a coffee shop - one of us always stays with him or he stays home. We've been told that people would walk off with him for sure... You were fortunate that whomever found your baby had the decency to turn him in and not keep him for themselves!

I am also in Ontario (like mbuxx) and like many of you in the US, licensing is required here though there is no age stipulation. It's kind of ridiculous how much cheaper it is to license a fixed dog though I understand why the city (Toronto) does it. Chance was licensed as soon as we brought him home - partially as per the City's requirements and partially as per our condo's requirements (our pets must also be registered with property management with proof of City registration and vet information in order to have valid condo registration). The rabies tag comes from the vet and is separate to the City license.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Glad Samson got back home! That would definitely give me a heart attack too!

Yes, licensing a pet sometimes goes on the back burner when we have to worry about all the other stuff our pets need. But, this is actually one of the biggest reasons why licensing can be advantageous. Pet license is usually issued by City/County in the USA. So each city is different even if you live in the same State. In my city, licensed pets that end up in animal control goes to the back of the adoption/kill list. Unlicensed ones go to the front. So, say, you go on a 2 week vacation, you come home to find out the dog sitter never reported to you that he lost your pet on day 1... you go to the animal shelter and if you have a licensed dog, there's a good chance he's still there waiting for you and you end up paying a "loose dog" fine and get your dog back. If your dog is unlicensed, chances are, they've either been adopted or worse, graduated out of death row...

Quote Originally Posted by MatildasMommy View Post
    huh, I guess us Okies don't hafta license then, just rabies. Matilda got that done with her last set of puppy shots. I also don't plan on spaying her. Gonna give the breeding thing a shot when she is 2. Just once a year though.
    Most cities that have animal control requires one. I looked up Moore, OK and it does state that Moore requires a license. You are so lucky that it only costs $2.50 a year! My dogs cost $20 each!
    Faq - City of Moore

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    OMG!!! so glad he is safe and sound, although I have all Vegas's shot records including recent rabie shot, I do NOT have him licensed, you know I have never even thought of that!! Crap I better check in to that, I know in Ohio I had to have my dogs licensed but I do not know Florida rules @Bella'sMom ????????
    Yep, Bradenton requires a license too. And lucky you, it's only $6/year! Waaaa... I'm so jealous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    When you get the rabies shot, it should come with a tag. I truly believe this is the license for your county. Now I don't have collars on the dogs while home, so if one did get out, no tags, however I have them micro chipped.
    I don't know how it is in Orange Park, but in Jacksonville, the rabbies shot and the license are separate. Current rabies vaccination is required before you can get a license, therefore, the city allows vets to sell the license with the rabies shot. In Jacksonville, you need the license (and the rabies tag) updated yearly for dogs 4 months and older. And, the license fee is $20/dog/year!

And one other interesting tidbit in Jacksonville - rabies vaccination is required for licenses not just for dogs and cats... but also ferrets and pot-bellied pigs!

And... if @BruceP lived in Jacksonville, he wouldn't have to pay $20 for the license. He's too old. LOL... Seniors and disabled can get their pets licensed without charge.

Why I licensed my dogs: Florida is hurricane-prone. If we ever get hurricaned and have to put our pets in the evacuation shelter, they wouldn't take them without a current license. Also, the dog park I go to won't let a dog without a license in (but, they're pretty lax - you can give them an old tag). And... pet license is kinda like a driver's license. It doesn't hurt not to have one until you get stopped for speeding or some such and the police comes asking for it... and then they charge you like $500 bucks for having a pet without a license which pretty much ends up paying for your entire dog's lifetime worth of licenses...
    Last edited by anatess; 08-17-2011 at 12:02 AM.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads