Almost had a HEART ATTACK today.

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
So today i was at work and my dad was baby sitting samson. He calls me up and says i dont know how long your dog has been gone for, but he got out and he is gone. My heart dropped, i left work then and there and went on the hunt. Talked to 20-30 people, no one had seen him :( i told them if they see him please call my work and let me know. Long storey short...... someone actually found samson and turned him in!!! i called the ospca and he was actually there...! a 280 dollar fine for an unlicenced bulldog, and 75 dollar impoound fee later samson is back home.. talk about heart break.... :( i almost killed someone!!!!!!!!!!! just thought id share lol.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
glad you got him home! I worry about that all the time with my dogs. My St. Bernard, Maverick, likes to take himself for walks. Last time, it was 10:30 at night, my husband and I were already in bed, and a lady that walks her yorkies in our neighborhood came up to the door and told my daughter that Maverick was walking down the busy street toward another really busy street. We got him back with the help of the nice woman, she drove and saw him, called his name and hung onto his collar until my daughter and I could get there. I don't even know this woman's name, but love the fact that she knows which dogs belong to which house and stopped and let us know.

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Oh my gosh! You poor thing. I could not imagine what you went through. SOOOOO glad there was a happy ending!

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Thank God you did find him and rescued him from the ospca, I bet he was upset. I couldnt handle a situation like that I dont think.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG how scary!! I bet your heart sank into your toes! So glad you found him!!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
omg! what an experience you had today. That would give me a heart attack too. I'm so glad Samson is back home safe and sound:D !!

Zulma

Feb 17, 2011
Puerto Rico
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Bad! bad boy!, what a horrible situation at least his home safe again. But can and you explain "unlicenced bulldog" do you for not having his dog tags or what?? Forgive my ignorance

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Bad! bad boy!, what a horrible situation at least his home safe again. But can and you explain "unlicenced bulldog" do you for not having his dog tags or what?? Forgive my ignorance

[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION]...:eek: jeeeeeeeeeeeze!
Dude that scares me and it's over! Poor Samson..did he get any tattoos while behind bars?...whew

[MENTION=1866]Zulma[/MENTION]..I don't know about Canada.where mbuxx is..but we don't license here until 6 months. My Jake isn't licensed yet..he get his rabies in June..then I can license him.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I think you need a stiff drink now!!! I would have been horrified!!!! We have a 6' fence all around our back yard and just all the dogs out to run whenever they want to .... I guess we should really check it occasionally in case there are any gaps!!!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I am lost over the license our bulldog bit. Does every state do this??

[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] I am glad he is at home safe and sound minus a lighter wallet.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I am lost over the license our bulldog bit. Does every state do this??

[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] I am glad he is at home safe and sound minus a lighter wallet.

Hi..[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] ..it's a dog license..for ALL dogs. I'm assuming every state has some sort of licensing. It's too control the spread of rabies. You HAVE to have a rabies certificate that is good for the length of the licensing period. Also encourages spaying and neutering because you get a cheaper fee. ( much). For having your dog fixed. Bummer for us this first year..I don't want to neuter him until he's 8 months..have to get a license in June..when he's 6 months. Sigh

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Hi..[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] ..it's a dog license..for ALL dogs. I'm assuming every state has some sort of licensing. It's too control the spread of rabies. You HAVE to have a rabies certificate that is good for the length of the licensing period. Also encourages spaying and neutering because you get a cheaper fee. ( much). For having your dog fixed. Bummer for us this first year..I don't want to neuter him until he's 8 months..have to get a license in June..when he's 6 months. Sigh

huh, I guess us Okies don't hafta license then, just rabies. Matilda got that done with her last set of puppy shots. I also don't plan on spaying her. Gonna give the breeding thing a shot when she is 2. Just once a year though.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Wow@ matildasmommy ..no license..that's interesting. Plus we have a limit on how many dogs we can have. Each city makes their own limits. Really interesting how the rules vary.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.