My bully eats EVERYTHING!!!

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
And I do mean everything! It really scares me too. When we go outside, he eats, dirt, grass, sticks, tries to eat flowers but I am able to get him away from that. In the house he will eat anything his eyes can see. He doesn't destroy anything, like furniture, but if somebody drops something he will pick it up and basically swallow it before anyone can take it from him. He has eaten papertowels, a baby wipe, one of those foam darts for the nerf guns and last night he ripped felt off a tennis ball and swallowed the felt!!!!!!! Oh and God forbid you have a ponytail holder anywhere near him, even in your hair, he will grab it and swallow it!

I'm scared to death he is going to get it stuck in his intestines!! It was late last night when he swallowed the felt and he didn't pass it this morning, hopefully tonight???? I'm just freaking out right now.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
The felt should pass through his system ok, if not tonite, then tomorrow. :blink:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ruggles, our eat everything Bulldog, has had 4 forced pukes and one surgery to remove an obstruction. The felt off a tennis ball should be small enough to go through him, but keep watching him. If he starts throwing up you may have a problem. Good luck.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I have no experience in this but maybe this is a place that the coins in a can would work if you see him soon enough to shake the can at him to stop.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
OMG Ruggles! Gosh I hope Brodie stops before something like that has to be done. I'll watch him very closely!!

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Hey Bruce, tried that, doesn't work for this. :cursing: If he thinks he is in trouble or is about to have whatever is in his mouth taken away he will swallow it as fast as he can. Little booger!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I can emphathize w/you [MENTION=2121]melanieian[/MENTION]. Tate puts everything in his mouth too. He especially loves paper and cardboard to chew, oh and his pee pads :eek: !
All i can do is make sure the area he stays in during the day when i'm not there is free of anything that he can potentially put in his mouth and swallow. It's hard tho...i've even had to pull all the door stoppers off he chews those off too. Sorry, i'm of no help!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have been bully mouth fishing many times, don't want to discourage you but Vegas is 2 and I still have too!!! So far no problems with passing things, some things I had no idea that he even ate. Never ending with these children!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oy! That boy! Gypsy eats EVERYTHING too. Mostly with her it just ends up in her mouth. She hasn't swallowed anything *yet*. I just fished the point end of a pencil out of her mouth about two minutes ago. I keep telling the girls that they HAVE to keep everything off of the floor but it still happens!

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Guess where I am???? The ER vet cause my son took his sock off and Brodie swallowed it!!!!! He just threw it up. Geez!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
I have been bully mouth fishing many times, don't want to discourage you but Vegas is 2 and I still have too!!! So far no problems with passing things, some things I had no idea that he even ate. Never ending with these children!!

Brutus is 13 months and the same way. He has eaten everything from rocks, sticks, plants, cardboard, part of a bra :cursing:, an area rug and even the bottom of his crate. Nothing ever got stuck and it always passed...I think he will be fine :) Just make sure he's eating and drinking normally :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.