I have to brag on Oliver

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Yesterday Oliver had his fourth puppy class. Before the class his instructor pulled me aside and said how impressed he was with Oliver and I and that he's been watching Oliver during class, and that even though he tries not to pull Oliver out in front too much, it's hard for him not to, because Oliver is his favorite!
One of the assignments we had to do yesterday was take a shopping list and go shopping with our dogs through the store. We had to put our dogs in a sit/stay while we grabbed the items from the shelf.
After another assignment, we then had to take our cart back and put everything back on the shelf one dog at a time and the instructor would watch us. On Oliver's second aisle, a lady came down the aisle with her two shelties. I had Oliver in a sit/stay, dropped his leash on the floor and put the can of dog food back on the shelf. I thought I had done something wrong when I heard his instructor say, "Oh my God" and then he walked away. Afterwards he told me how impressed he was that Ollie bug stayed in his position with two dogs standing right next to him.
He is instructing Oliver to pass the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy test so that Oliver can go on and get CGC certified to become a therapy dog and he said that based on what he's seen Oliver able to do so far, he could pass the test today with no problem.
I am so proud of him, I am just excited that he is doing so great, but I am not surprised,he is a bully after all!!!!:happydance:
The only thing we still have to work on is his "down"; he doesn't always want to lay down, he prefers to sit like his cookie jar. I worked on it with him a little this morning, but Sebastian was being a pest, but he was starting to get it.
Oh, and Sebastian gets to come to his graduation in a couple of weeks, so everybody can see Sebastian too!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Would we not expect nothing but excellence from a bully?? That is SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodjob::bravo::bravo:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Brag away, we're all rooting for Ollie bug!:inlove: Oh and pls don't forget to post pics of his grad day. :cool2:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I think you have bragging rights here! That's wonderful. May i ask how old Oliver was when he started his class? I am looking for a puppy class for Tate to attend. He'll be almost 4mos old and gets his last set of puppy shots today. So, hopefully he can start soon.

Yay, Oliver!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY Oliver!!! That is so great :). Why isn't Sebastian in class?

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think you have bragging rights here! That's wonderful. May i ask how old Oliver was when he started his class? I am looking for a puppy class for Tate to attend. He'll be almost 4mos old and gets his last set of puppy shots today. So, hopefully he can start soon.

Yay, Oliver!!

Oliver was 15 weeks and hadn't yet received his last puppy shots the week he started. He has since and also got his bordatello shot since he was going to be with other dogs in class and whatever dogs he would come in contact with who were just at the store. Tate will really enjoy puppy class, the instructions are simple, sit, stay, leave it, take it, down, come when called. They also let other people in the class walk with your dog, and give him a mini exam, looking at his ears, mouth, feet, touching his butt, just so they get used to other people and not just family. I think it's an awesome experience.

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
YAY Oliver!!! That is so great :). Why isn't Sebastian in class?

Sebastian has severe pulmonic stenosis and is such a wild man, I think he would get too winded being that excited. He gets winded really easily just playing with Oliver at home! But everything Oliver learns, I teach Sebastian at home as well, so he is getting training too! Sebastian loves playing with other dogs and people and it's hard to keep him quiet!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ah! Thanks for sharing that. I knew Sebastian had a health issue but was not sure if that is what kept him from class.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.