Doggy Gate?

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Katie tends to have accidents on the carpet if I let her roam the house while I'm at work, so I've started blocking her off into the kitchen in the day time. I have been doing this with a couch, but as you can imagine, that is getting annoying to move in and out of place every day! If you have any experience or have heard anything about a good "doggy gate" that I can get that will keep her in the kitchen (that she can't jump over or bulldoze though), please let me know!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I use those folding exercise pens you can get at the pet store. I line the floor with waterproof washable pet pads. They stay in the pens (indoors) when I have to go out. They also have access to their crates but only one dog chooses to sleep in his crate. When they are not in their pens I use those pressure baby gates on the doorways to keep the dogs confined to only part of the house which my cats appreciate.:happydance:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I used a regular baby gate when Vegas was under a year to block him in the kitchen with his food and water while I was at work. Although I have tile throughout my whole house, I could at least keep it contained to one area. He never tried to bust through the gate and never once went potty in the house. I bought mine at wal-mart. Now he has free roam of the house and everytime I come home from work he is in his crate with the door wide open.

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Katie tends to have accidents on the carpet if I let her roam the house while I'm at work, so I've started blocking her off into the kitchen in the day time. I have been doing this with a couch, but as you can imagine, that is getting annoying to move in and out of place every day! If you have any experience or have heard anything about a good "doggy gate" that I can get that will keep her in the kitchen (that she can't jump over or bulldoze though), please let me know!

I just bought the Dream Baby TALL gate w a door n i LUV it! Here is a pic below and it is very sturdy... 230086_1884166758138_1660459509_1878044_4518904_n.jpgThey have their own room for that same reason... While we r away I want them first to b safe n also to keep them off the carpet... Henry my yorkie is potty trained but Memphis not so much lol but then again he is only 4 months next wk...

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
I use those folding exercise pens you can get at the pet store. I line the floor with waterproof washable pet pads. They stay in the pens (indoors) when I have to go out. They also have access to their crates but only one dog chooses to sleep in his crate. When they are not in their pens I use those pressure baby gates on the doorways to keep the dogs confined to only part of the house which my cats appreciate.:happydance:

Where to u get the waterproff washable pet pads?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Bekah.... that is a really nice gate. Baby gates can be a pita when you try to step over them, I like that one that has a opening gate.

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Bekah.... that is a really nice gate. Baby gates can be a pita when you try to step over them, I like that one that has a opening gate.

I agree w the PITA baby gates lol we fought w one for two yrs w the yorkie... We bought this one at Walmart.com n it was sooo reasonable priced at 55.00 I believe. They have two height, a shorter one n this taller one. This one can b attached to the wall so theres no way of them knocking it down n it is TALL at 40 in... The pass thru gate is wide an opens in both directions n closes by itself if ur hands r full... Instead of buying extensions since the opening is 48 n the max this gate extends to is 42 we decided to add post to make it look more like a fence... I plan on painting the post today and will post updated pics... Here is the link if anyone is interested...

Dream Baby Extra Tall Swing Close Gate, Black - Walmart.com

OP
Wlw9x

Wlw9x

May 10, 2011
Gardendale, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Katie
Okay, I'm working on narrowing it down now... my opening is 55", so I'd pretty much have to get an extension. Dream baby makes an extra wide hallway gate that extends to 53", and I'd have to buy the smallest extension. It is pressure mount and isn't the tall one (they don't make one this wide in the tall one and i'm trying to go the most practical route moneywise).
For those of you who have experience using gates: Do you think she would be able to jump a normal height gate? And will the pressure mount be strong enough for when she puts her front paws on top to look over, or whatever?

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis
Okay, I'm working on narrowing it down now... my opening is 55", so I'd pretty much have to get an extension. Dream baby makes an extra wide hallway gate that extends to 53", and I'd have to buy the smallest extension. It is pressure mount and isn't the tall one (they don't make one this wide in the tall one and i'm trying to go the most practical route moneywise).
For those of you who have experience using gates: Do you think she would be able to jump a normal height gate? And will the pressure mount be strong enough for when she puts her front paws on top to look over, or whatever?

I wanted to mention (tank goodness I read n discovered this before i spent money on extensions) that u can only use one extension per side... They come w a 3 in n a 7.5 or is it 3.5 n a 7 well anyways u cannot buy extra extension n add to the extensions that come w it. Does that make sence? My opening was 48 so we could have bought a wider extension but they r so expensive so i thought of the post so that it looks more like a fence... Let me do some research n let me see what i can come up w for that size opening...

Bekah Bardwell

Apr 4, 2011
Nashville, Tn.
Bulldog(s) Names
Memphis

Oh n i failed to mention that u can screw the side caps into the wall n the pressude mounts r incerted into them so theres no way of knocking it down... Its very sturdy...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online