Water bottle for a bulldog?

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
Okay, I am about to get a new puppy and they tell me to use a water bottle in the crate. Totally cool with that...although I did make fun of my mother for doing this and called her dog a gerbil...but I digress...

Does anyone use a water bottle for their full grown bulldog? I was thinking that may actually be a good idea (I found one for large breed dogs), keep it off of his face and my floor!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I do not and have not but I do think its a good idea and no mess. Or none compared to leaving the bowl in there. ;)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I haven't heard of one but would like to see a picture. Is is plastic? Chewable? If there was any part of it that could be chewed Ruggles would find it and chew it!

OP
Katie9449

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
Here it is...I think I am going to try it! Worse case Diesel hates it...best case water actually goes into him!! :) I am going to rig it to a leg of my table for him...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I can't see a pic or a link. I saw someone else mentioning a water bottle the other day. I am curious as to whether or not it actually works!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
its kinda what you use for rabbits. i would watch him the first few times to make sure he is actually learning how to drink from it

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tate has a water bottle that i hooked onto his crate. It was recommended by his breeder who uses one for all her litters. It works really well!

eddiefebuary

Apr 30, 2011
I use a water bottle. It did not take my EB long to figure it out although he kinda chews the end instead of using his tongue but he gets water out of it. The end is metal. I tried the one you have a link to but could never get it to stop leaking so I use the one in the following link without a problem.
No Drip Dog Bottle - Lixit Animal Care Products

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Does a dog actually know to drink out of those??

I could see how they could be convenient and not as messy. Bulldogs are sloppy drinkers, lol..Delilah makes a mess with her water bowl.

I don't think she would be interested in a water bottle though. She'd probably think "I ain't no freakin' hamster!" and refuse to drink it...:lmao:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I wonder how much the dog water bottle will hold.

eddiefebuary

Apr 30, 2011
My bottle holds as much as I would normally put in his bowl. I don't think they instantly know how to get water out of it. My EB is always curious and loves water so all I had to to do was introduce him to it. Once he started mouthing it he realized water came out and thats all it took.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
PetSmart lists several different water bottles on their website including a glass one if you are worried about your bully eating a plastic one. As much as Princess Gracie loves eating soda bottles Im not sure how long a plastic one would last. ;) But if it was secured to something she would probably leave it alone.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
After reading this this morning we took a water bottle out with HRH this morning to see if she would drink out of it.... only thing I accomplished was pouring water up her nose while trying to hold her head still and pouring at the same time... :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online