Talk About A Rude Awakening.....

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Been thinking about Sherman more today. He was the only Bulldog we had when we still had kids at home. He always had to be in the middle of any activity; he especially liked it when his sisters had slumber parties. Such was the case when I heard a loud blahhhhhhhh from the girls' room upstairs; it seem Sherman sat on the head of one of the slumbering girls and did what Bulldogs do best, FARTED!
Here is a picture of Sherman.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Would you expect anything less?? That is hilarious!! Wow Sherman sure looks like a big boy! Tough...not so much with a little kitty sleeping on him. How much did he weigh at full growth?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
What a big handsome boy! That story made me smile, thank you for sharing. Hugs too cuz I know thinking of these things as cute as they are must be hard. Nothing makes me smile more than watching Cutty and Sierra play. (actually her steal his toy and make him chase her, she thinks he is playing with her, haha)

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Sherman was 75lbs. top weight. The picture makes him look like he has a big butt, but it must be the angle of the shot. He was a big, solid boy. Our kittys' would clean his ears and wrinkles, one would nurse on his ear. They used to knead on his backside, too.
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] when my daughter went to her 25th reunion they laughed about Sherman and that slumber party.
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] Sherman lived to be almost 10 years old. Thanks for the hugs!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
What a cute story. Did the girl who got farted on end up owning a bully?
Thanks for sharing. :flower:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], don't you hate how the camera makes you look bigger than you are? :lol: I'm talken about me of course!! WOW 75 lbs? big boy!! and 10 yrs?? You must have done...EVERYTHING....right!! He was so handsome! I take some pics of Vegas and he looks sooo fat, I know he is not, but it is just the angle, and you know, as I have convinced my personal self, the camera adds 10 lbs!! :laugh:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What a great story! I was curious about his health as well. He looks very happy with that kitty on him.

OP
Alice Kable

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
@KMARINO no allergies at all. When he was 8 he was diagnosed with heart disease and put on digitalis and one other heart med. I shortened his daily walks but still walked him. His stomach turned or is it twisted and that is what he died from. I got him from a breeder in Silverton, OR who was known for healthy pups. I'd have bought from her again but she was up there in age and was no longer breeding when we were in the market. Back then Bulldogs were bigger.
Here is a picture of Sherman on his Grandpa Kable's
Uploaded with ImageShack.uslap one Christmas morning.

Last edited:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Such a sweet story. Thanks so much for sharing. It's obvious that Sherman was a great companion, for your skin- and fur-family alike. ::heart::

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.