Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Now that it is starting to get hot out (we live in Arizona) I had an idea.

I am going to get a timer that I can hang on the wall by the door. This way if I let dogs out I can set it for 15 mins JUST as an extra precaution-- cuz sometimes 15 minutes only feels like 5, you know what I mean? I am usually outside with them but if I am doing chores I am not, so I just thought this would be a great way to double check myself and my family. Am I going too overboard you think? We also have a misting system on our back patio too- I feel you can never be too safe!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Not overboard at all!! I was thinking the same thing!! In the next 6 months we will be buying a house and my only requirement is a fenced in yard. For now I have to leash him at all times to potty. I was thinking that a couple of weeks ago how nice it would be to just let him out, but then again it is Florida and already 90+. I think it is a great idea and one I will utilize when we move.

L

Lucy-licious

In the heat that you live in I think it is a very good idea :)
Your a great bully mamma and nothing would be TOO much for your babies and their safety.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Seems like a great idea to me.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That sounds like a wonderful idea ... and you only have to think about what happened to [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] to realise how much you need to do that.

Which reminds me that I really need to find sheshistory's story because I want to email it to my mother. My Mum visited us last summer and thought we were over reacting when we said Maggie could NOT go outside more than a few mins. I would come home and find Maggie on her side and breathing heavily because my Mother had taken her outside with her to sit and read. We have high temperatures AND incredibly high humidity here. I was "politely" mad at my mother, but I think she justs considered me to be a bit crazy and totally over reacting. Now when I read sheshistory story with Bentley I just shudder at what I could have come home to.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
this is a GREAT idea. i have been talking to the family about how important it is NOT to leave Bullet out long at all as it is getting hot and humid here in Indiana already. i think i will try this timer thing too. :)

now, if i can just get him to stop loving the sun bathing thing....if i have my entry door open even just a bit he squeezes where he can to be in the sun...but then he pants like crazy. silly boy. :crazy:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is a wonderful idea! I would like to find one I can hang around my neck.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
That's a great idea I can already tell that Lex and this texas heat are gonna go round and round this yr. he's already givin me that Bully snort back talk when he can't sun longer than 5 mins in the afternoon!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
DO NOT get the kind of timer that DINGS and that is it. We have a digital timer for the kitchen that continues to alert you till yOU shut it off. Otherwise it will ding and you will 'finish what Im doing' and forget about the timer going off. The timer we have was not expensive and worth it. We are thinking maybe we got it at Walmart.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm thinking that is a great idea. The boys like to go to the back of our property and play under the pine trees where it's shaded, but on the way there, they have to walk through the yard in full sun and often play along the way, this way, I can go and bring them in. They may not like it, but if I carry treats with me, they will follow me ANYWHERE!!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
That is great [MENTION=1104]jortiz9758[/MENTION]! I go outside with them every time even though they are off leash. I love being out there with them so what feels like 10 minutes sometimes turns out to be 30!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online