Lethargic, wont eat, not herself...

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
Around 5pm yesterday Wimbley began acting kind of weird. She is normally a huge pain in the butt unless she is the center of attention. Our lab and her go 12 rounds daily when we get home from work with one toy or another. Yesterday was different, she didnt really play at all. She was fine during the morning hours but in the evening when my girlfriend returned from work she just found a place to sit, alone and hang out. Normally she is begging for attention making some of the weirdest cries and yelps ive ever heard...ha ha sounds almost like a peacock. She always sleeps with my girlfriend on the couch and for some reason she slept next to me, she would not get up even for loud noises or the neighbor dogs barking... very uncharacteristic of her. She slept through the night at my feet which she never does. In the middle of the night I moved her to behind my head because I kept kicking her (oops) and she didnt really wake from that either. This morning I had to drag her outside to go potty and she wouldnt touch her food, again not like her. I am very concerned at this point and have scheduled an appt. with the vet for 10:30am today.

Please keep us in your prayers today and wish us luck. We will need it, hopefully her stomach is just a little upset or something minor. This is the first time in her life she has ever acted this way. I will keep you all updated when we return from our vet visit.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Yes please do, we sure hope Wimbley will be okay :( Yes, she obviously is not feeling good at all. Wonder what it is?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh dear. Sounds like it could be just about anything... But hopefully it's nothing. You are surely in our prayers :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh no, I will keep my fingers crossedit is just a "bug". Poor baby, it is so scary when they go thru things like this. Will be waitng for your reply after the appt.

OP
NASTYNATI

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
Update:

She has a fever and a nasty infection in her lungs. She is still very tired and isnt back to normal yet but she did manage to eat a few cookies while at the vet and has drank some water here and there. The vet claims that its possible that she overheated at some point this weekend and it caused fluid to build up in the lungs thus creating infection. They took a series of x-rays (cha-ching!) and also noticed she has a slightly enlarged heart. The vet claims this is pretty common with the breed and that she will monitor it closely over the next few months or so to see if anything comes of it.

Today she received an antibiotic injection in her shoulders (yikes that hurt dad!), she was also placed on Clavamox for the infection in the lungs. Doc wants me to feed her boiled chicken and rice tonight and if she doesnt eat her dry kibble or her breathing hasnt improved by the AM i am to return for a follow up visit tomorrow. No matter what I will be taking her in Friday for follow up exam. It is very hard to watch her sleep the day away and to shake while inhaling.. Poor thing cant seem to catch a break...

Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers It is always appreciated!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
That doesnt sound very good but at least you have seen the dr and have her on her meds now. Scary tho I can only imagine! Hopefully the chicken and rice will cheer her up a bit, it always works wonders for my boys when they are down. Hopefully once she gets some food in her she will rcover fast. Keep us posted on her in the morning after a good nights sleep.

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
We will keep you in our prayers as well. Keep us updated!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Poor Wimbly! We love you puppy! Hope you feel better soon! Licks and more licks!

OP
NASTYNATI

NASTYNATI

May 26, 2010
Tallahassee, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Wimbley
Update 2:

She slept through the night breathing a little easier it seems, She also ate her dry kibble this morning which im thankful but the little brat left me a prize in her room while i was brushing my teeth ;) She is still not quite herself but i am confident that she is making improvement. I am going to monitor her closely over these next couple of days and let the antibiotics do their job. Ill have her back at the Vet Friday evening for her follow up exam. and will continue to update with her progress.

Again, many thanks for the thoughts and prayers...
-Matt and Wimbley

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Awe I still feel so bad for her. It is a bit odd that she developed this at this age, but maybe it is not uncommon- I don't know. Poor baby! Give her a hug n kiss from us! I am sure glad she is eating, that is a very good sign!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Sounds like she is on her way to recovery thankfully! I bet friday cant come soon enough for you huh? Thanks for the update also, keep posting them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online