Sneakers for my Bulldog

TheDude

May 11, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Does anyone know where I could get a good pair of sneakers for Ike? His paws are large (3.25W x 3.75L). I'm not sure if this is average for a Bully or not since he's the first one I've owned.
I'm looking for comfort but also if they could be something kinda cool looking as well, that would be great.
Thanks!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Welcome to the site. I really don't see many doggie shoes in the stores, I have no idea where to get them, what I do know is Vegas would not in a million years wear them!! lol, he hates to even have on a shirt or sweater.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Cabellas has booties but not sure about sneakers.... that could be a tough one.

OP
TheDude

TheDude

May 11, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
Thanks. Please keep the input coming!
I rescued Ike about 6 weeks ago. When I got him he was lethargic, had a double ear infection, infections in both eyes and all four paws were swollen about twice the size of normal, raw and bloody. He was filthy and completely neglected.
Since we got him he has added so much to the happiness of my family. He's mellow but playful and loaded with personality.
I've never owned a BD before but I have to say he is absolutely awesome!
I'm thankful for websites and forums such as this that can provide information, advice and support to the Bulldog owner community.
Keep up the good work!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Thanks. Please keep the input coming!
I rescued Ike about 6 weeks ago. When I got him he was lethargic, had a double ear infection, infections in both eyes and all four paws were swollen about twice the size of normal, raw and bloody. He was filthy and completely neglected.
Since we got him he has added so much to the happiness of my family. He's mellow but playful and loaded with personality.
I've never owned a BD before but I have to say he is absolutely awesome!
I'm thankful for websites and forums such as this that can provide information, advice and support to the Bulldog owner community.
Keep up the good work!

Aww thank you and your wonderful family for nursing him back to health. I haven't seen too many doggie shoes out there, but I will def keep an eye out for you :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Sorry, no help here. But I'm giggling right now thinking of nike hightops on our bullies. What a great idea for a company. =P

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
I've never heard of sneakers for dogs!! That sounds too cute. I'm getting a little flash back of the original Air Bud, here. :)

Delilah wouldn't wear them. I bought her booties for the snow and she can't stand them!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I am sure you could find some child size sneakers that would work well. That is so wonderful that you rescued! If you find any please take pictures and share, I bet that would be SOO cute!

OP
TheDude

TheDude

May 11, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
I read somewhere on here that someone used shoes from Build a Bear. They may work. They're round-ish like his paws. If I find something I'll be sure to take pics and post them.
Thanks again for the input. And I updated my profile so everyone can see Ike. He's so bad-a**!!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I read somewhere on here that someone used shoes from Build a Bear. They may work. They're round-ish like his paws. If I find something I'll be sure to take pics and post them.
Thanks again for the input. And I updated my profile so everyone can see Ike. He's so bad-a**!!!!

Thats a good idea, a teddy bear shoe would be perfect! Awwww he is so cute, I mean bad a%$ :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Ike is so handome, and good for you doing a rescue!! This is such a wonderful site, so any questions big or small I can assure you one of us has been there-done that, so ask away!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Wow! He is a cutie. I think sneakers would be cool. Congrats to Ike for being rescued! I am glad you are getting him in shape.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Those are too cute! Looks just like what he is looking for.

OP
TheDude

TheDude

May 11, 2011
Orange County, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Ike
OMG! Those are the coolest and cutest things I've ever seen. Unfortunately I think they're all too small. Ikes paws are over 3" wide. But that definitely gives me hope. He would look awesome in them to go along with his spiked leather collar.
Thank you so much! I'm loving this forum more and more! :lmao:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.