Praying I get Vikki Back!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Have you gone back there to get Her?? I guess I dont understand what happened? Can you go to the police? I feel so bad for you:*(

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I guess I am confused, Animal Control took her or the Rescue you contacted to help?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am soooo confused. So animal control was called, and someone got you in contact from someone in rescue, and did NOT tell you that you would be giving up your ownership of viki?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm confused too:confused: Who took her and what was their reasoning? You were obviously taking care of her.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Ok...from I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), a neighbor called animal control and the police came. They saw that she is not the owner or Vikki and that the owner is incarcerated so they contacted them and they said to put her in rescue?

Is that right? At any rate, she is gone....I am sooo sooo sorry! I hope you can get her back.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I am so sorry. It's a bit confusing..but no matter what if you own her..and you have a vet that will stand up for the fact you have been taking care of her..you should have rights. IF the real owner is the one in jail and they sent her to rescue..why would the one in jail do that? Poor vikki..do you have a legal aid office near you? They can help for free or at the very least advise you.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh man!!! It is a bit confusing but other wise this sucks big time!!! I am soooooooo sorry that you lost her!!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I agree with one of the posts here. You need to get a letter from the Vet stating that you where having her seen and treated by them. Go to the rescue she was taken to and show them that you are responsible for her.I would even get a letter from the person that is in jail, saying that you have custody of her.I would also notify the authorities about this because they did not disclosed their intentions to you as you taught they where helping you.This is misleading and basically they lied to you. Did you left her out while you where at work? Just wondering, or maybe she sneaked out?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=994]melanie[/MENTION], sorry I am slow, but I am not quite following your story, can you please try to break it down? :blush2:

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Ok...from I understand (and correct me if I am wrong), a neighbor called animal control and the police came. They saw that she is not the owner or Vikki and that the owner is incarcerated so they contacted them and they said to put her in rescue?

Is that right? At any rate, she is gone....I am sooo sooo sorry! I hope you can get her back.

I understood this the same way. If the owner is in jail and no one was looking after the dog wouldn't animal control be happy that someone is looking after the dog and providing medical and vet care? I'm sooo sorry either way though...it is sooo tough to lose a pet :(

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
May I ask how you got vikki in the first place? If the incarcerated owner abandoned her..and you assumed responsibility..how and why would they go to the guy in jail? This sucks.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I am so sorry:*(. i think it will be hard to get her back because the owner already gave his or her permission for this person to take her. Try talking to the owner,let him know what really happend and that you have already taking the necessary steps towrads her getting better.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh man, that is a bunch of crap. I would fight, fight, fight to get your girl back. Good luck. I hope you get her back. Keeping fingers crossed and praying for you.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.