Question about nose wrinkle

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brodie really doesn't have much of a nose wrinkle at all. It kind of sinks in a little above his nose and there is just a tiny wrinkle. Not like the big thick one you see on most bulldogs. He is registered AKC and I met his parents and they both have the big nose wrinkle. I am NOT complaning just wondering if he will get the nose wrinkle later of if sometimes they just don't get one. Does anyone know?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
@melaieian How old is Brodie??

Vegas at about 11 months, he still has an indent above his nose
Ryanandournewbaby062.jpg

Vegas at 2 yrs. old
Vegas3-3-11004.jpg

So the answer is, they do fill out more. It was so much easier to take care of his face before the deep nose wrinkle, enjoy it while it last~~!

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Awww precious!!! Brodie is 5 1/2 months old. LOL yeah I have not experienced cleaning the big nose wrinkle yet. I have hard time cleaning his face cause he bites the baby wipe. lol

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh yea, lots of filling out to do for Mr. Brodie, I knew he was young. I really noticed a huge difference about a year and a half with Vegas filling out and getting much broader across the chest area. Vegas does not bite the towels, I just have to chase him for about 5 min. before he will just sit and submit to it.

bjsfarm

Jan 12, 2011
Narvon PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Butter Cup, Ellie, Double D & CJ. Jr., Max, Doc & Willie
It can vary so much. My Ellie doesn't have much of a nose rope either but my boys all do. Sometimes as babies it will look like they are going to have nose ropes and then they disappear until they are mature. Others don't have the nose rope as babies and then get nose ropes when mature and some never get them. I have seen champion sired and pedigreed bulldogs with lots of champions in their bloodlines have offspring with no nose ropes because there was a great great grandmother etc. that didn't have one.
So You never know! :)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie's nose wrinkle isn't as big as many I see but is rather dainty like the rest of her. She is 4.5 yrs old. :D
You can see it much better if you click on the photo header to view it full sized.

DSC_0001-7-2.jpg

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
He's got some filling out to do, for sure!! Delilah's was almost non existent as a puppy..and she's got a fairly deep one now.

OP
melanieian

melanieian

Mar 29, 2011
Louisiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Brodie
Brutus and Vegas and Gracie are just too stinking cute! OMG adorable!! I love Brodie being little but I can't wait until he fills out so I get to see what he will look like. I'm so excited! lol

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], Oh I never noticed, HRH has an adorable nose :heart:!! I have to take my finger on a clothe and actually dig into Vegas's nose rope, not only does he hate his face washed he hates that and I hate to do it but it is so needed, I always come out with a cloth full of sand, since he thinks he is a pig and has to snort my backyard.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All of my bullies have nose wrinkles except for Tidus. But Yuna's used to look huge when she was little, now it is "normal" sized. Yuna and Tidus are brother and sister.

Yuna at about 3 months old:
070.jpg

Yuna adult:
Justyuna-2.jpg

Tidus:
IMG_4337-1.jpg

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Gator's is really big and has always had a rather large one. Gypsy (Gator's sister) has a teeny tiny one but she is still only 4 months old.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.