Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Earliest age to take a Bulldog puppy home? So confused!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Earliest age to take a Bulldog puppy home? So confused!

I think as long as he is weaned and eating well, and of course has his first check up , it will be fine. Good luck with your bully!!! Your life is going to change forever
    LisaMarie

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

There are SO many opinions on this topic. I personally believe that if they are still with the mother, then wait as long as you can! Mom will teach them about proper behavior and potty etiquette (meaning, don't go potty where you live and that means the crate too) so they are often much easier to house train when they are a bit older and are sometimes more able socialize with other dogs. If the option is there, I actually prefer 10 or 12 weeks before picking up my puppy. I would offer to take a shirt that you've worn or a blanket you have slept with for the puppy to get used to your scent as well so that you will at least be *somewhat* familiar in some way.

I usually try to stay away from this topic as I watched a huge row on a basset site about it, and it is just a matter of opinion. I would definitely wait until 8 weeks at the youngest. I really just think you should do what is right for you and your family

All that being said, CONGRATULATIONS! I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see your new addition so be sure to post tons of pictures!
    Last edited by GatorRay; 05-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Hello and congrats on your new puppy to be and welcome to EBN. We picked up Wilson 1 day shy of 8 weeks. I thought that was the perfect age. I did see a lot of breeders when we were looking wouldn't release the pup until 10 weeks. I got to enjoy 2 extra weeks of puppy breath, oh I miss that. Can't wait to see pictures .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads