How do I know if I'm ready for a second bulldog??

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION],

I'm sorry it didn't work out, and that the bulldog was not the one you were expecting.
Like your fiance says, when the time is right for you to get another bully, you will know it and it will happen!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Thanks [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]! Until then i'll just oogle over Tate and his cuteness ;)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Aww.. You aren't the Debby Downer! Like your fiance said, the right one will come along when he or she is supposed to. I am sorry you were so disappointed! It is hard when you get your hopes up and it doesn't work out. I am surprised she asked if it was a problem. Just keep your chin up and keep looking around at the rescues. I bet another one will win your heart in no time.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Just wanted to share with you where I am with all this...

If everything goes as planned, I'm hoping to bring a new little guy or girl bully into my household come October. That gives me almost 5months or so to "prepare"...and Tate will be 9mos old by then. I'll definitely keep you all posted as things go along...

bubba88

May 21, 2011
We got our first EB in the of March. I've been begging my wife for over 5 years to get one and she finally said yes. Now she is in love with him and the words came out of her mouth "should we get another one"! Well Bubba is now 18 weeks and as soon as my wife said those words I went looking for Bonnie, we found her and she is currently 6 weeks. I will be picking her up at the end of this month. I hope Bubba and Bonnie get along great. We have 2 indoor cats also male and female, they will not be happy about this addition. :yes:

Attachments

• Bubba.jpg
    Bubba.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Bonnie.jpg
    Bonnie.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 39

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Once you've got the Bully Bug, you've just gotta have another.
I've just got a 3 year old rescue and my existing dog is just coming up to 10 months old (he's a big lad n looks older)

In my opinion, I think it's better and easier to get another when your existing dog is between 6 & 10 months old. That's before the adult hormones kick in, especially if you've already got a male dog,testosterone surge can make them territorial.
Not so much an issue if you've already got a bitch and add a dog, because she will always be the boss.!!

Hope this helps. Best of luck with your search.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
The more the merrier, got to at least have two.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
We got our first EB in the of March. I've been begging my wife for over 5 years to get one and she finally said yes. Now she is in love with him and the words came out of her mouth "should we get another one"! Well Bubba is now 18 weeks and as soon as my wife said those words I went looking for Bonnie, we found her and she is currently 6 weeks. I will be picking her up at the end of this month. I hope Bubba and Bonnie get along great. We have 2 indoor cats also male and female, they will not be happy about this addition. :yes:

How exciting for you! Your Bubba is quite the athelete on that skateboard! and Bonnie's too adorable...what a sweet little girl. Congratulations!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)

Congratulations! I bet you are just soo excited! We got our girl pretty quickly after we brought home our boy. They are like potato chips!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, I just got off the phone w/Tate's breeder. She had emailed me today that she had a male puppy available and to call her 'cuz she knew i was thinking about a 2nd bully. Seems that a potential buyer of one of her litter she had back in early March backed out, she gave the deposit back, and she's now looking for a new home for him! He's just over 3mos old now and is cute as a button...so she asked me if i was interested to let her know...

So, now i'm considering taking him. He is Tate's half brother (same dad). I wonder if this is meant to be...but i don't want to jump into anything either:confused:. Yikes, what would you do?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Well, I just got off the phone w/Tate's breeder. She had emailed me today that she had a male puppy available and to call her 'cuz she knew i was thinking about a 2nd bully. Seems that a potential buyer of one of her litter she had back in early March backed out, she gave the deposit back, and she's now looking for a new home for him! He's just over 3mos old now and is cute as a button...so she asked me if i was interested to let her know...

So, now i'm considering taking him. He is Tate's half brother (same dad). I wonder if this is meant to be...but i don't want to jump into anything either:confused:. Yikes, what would you do?

If you know you can take of him financially and emotionally, GO FOR IT! Take it as a sign that your breeder called you. :yes:If mine did, I'd say, I'll see you on the weekend! (I wonder if she goes on this site. :w00t:)

Remember, us here require pics before you leave the driveway! :hug:

Most Reactions