How do I know if I'm ready for a second bulldog??

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Ive also been seriously considering getting Rocko a brother or sister, im also in south california what breeder did you get Tate from?

from a breeder in the Riverside area, near Lake Elsinore. I'll email you her website link.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Tate so cute! I have no doubt that I'll get another English Bulldog down the road :). Just got get through the two puppies I have now. Wilson just turned 4 months and Jake (an American Staffordshire Terrier) will be 5 months this weekend. Oh what a joy and work two puppies are. :D

I see you're from So. Cal. I was born and raised there and my son lives in Ocean Beach. My hubby and I lived in Corona from 2002-04 for his work and visited Smellsinor, wow it had a lot of algee in it.

Last edited:
OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
OK, here i am again...thinking about getting a 2nd bulldog. My breeder informed me that she's planning on having a new litter of pups this summer. I figure, Tate will be around 6mos old by then...and that may be a great time to introduce a new addition to the household.
Yeah, i know, i'm just trying to convince myself...:confused:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
OK, here i am again...thinking about getting a 2nd bulldog. My breeder informed me that she's planning on having a new litter of pups this summer. I figure, Tate will be around 6mos old by then...and that may be a great time to introduce a new addition to the household.
Yeah, i know, i'm just trying to convince myself...:confused:

You'll know when and if you're ready. Maybe save some funds up for now and see? :blink:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You'll know when and if you're ready. Maybe save some funds up for now and see? :blink:

thanks, that's a really good idea. definitely not something to just jump into even tho my heart tells me, "go for it...now!!!" i set up a little savings acct for Tate so maybe i'll open another one up for "Tate's Brother".

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
The way I look at it, now that I THINK I have Vegas figured out, with all his allergies, what is one more face and butt to wash?? I do have to wait until we get our house in the next 6 months, but I WILL have another!! At least I will be more educated on a new member of the family. I want to adopt/rescue a brother or sister for Vegas. I really don't want to go through the pup stage. I see no reason why you shouldn't, just another mouth to feed and face to wash!!

I agree!!! Brutus is just over a year and we have been looking at this one bully to adopt. We get to meet him Saturday and see if it will work out with Bru! :D

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION], Oh how exciting!!! I hope it works out for you and of course you already know to post MULTIPLE pictures!!!!!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], I'm sooo excited! We found out on Monday that there was a potential bully available, have a house inspection tomorrow and then we all get to meet him Saturday! I so hope it works out. My fiance and I are dying in anticipation LOL. If it happens, you know there will be tons of pics...I''m a crazy lady when it comes to my camera and my bully! :heart:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree!!! Brutus is just over a year and we have been looking at this one bully to adopt. We get to meet him Saturday and see if it will work out with Bru! :D

that IS exciting! i hope everything will work out and that Brutus and the new bully will get along great. Looking forward to the pics!

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate says he needs a new playmate too :p I just waited til Brutus was a little older to get another because they are very needy as puppies and I'm pretty sure I would go crazy trying to potty train 2 lol.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
You know I thought doing two puppies at one time would be busy but oh man, oh man, oh man was I wrong, it's non-stop fun! Ok who am I kiddin', two puppies at one time is a handful to say the least but we're getting through the potty training and teething all at one time. Although they're Brothers from Another Mother (Wilson=Bulldog, Jake=American Staffordshire Terrier), they'll be as close to litter mates as they can be. Would I have like to have waited until Wilson was about 6 months or so, yes, but only because it would have more one-on-one time with Wilson. Jake came to us a bit earlier but he was meant to be with us and we knew that the moment we saw him.

Wilson was 8 weeks when we got him at Jake was 20 weeks (a rescue dog).

Now I can't wait until they're both about 2 years and I do a sneak attack on the hubby and convince him we need another bully :).

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)

How exciting! I can't wait to hear how it went.

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Wellllllll when I first saw this dog through the rescue's website I fell in love with him instantly. We passed the house inspection and then went to go meet the dog. First off, the dog we met was not the dog in the picture. He was described as 65 pounds and he was white and spotted like Brutus. This mystery dog was brown, maybe 50 pounds, peeing on everything, ignored Brutus and then would growl at him when he got too close to a toy. I was soooo upset. I had my heart set on that other dog and this was not him....I was literally crying the entire way home. I emailed and called to clarify that if they put that dog back up, please put up the correct picture so people like me arent heartbroken. I was talking to the woman that showed him to us and she had no idea who could have put up the wrong pictures and then asked if that was a problem. I wanted to be like ummmm yeah this is a problem, this isn't the dog I called about lol. I must say I am a bit nervous about going to meet any other dogs now. My fiance just keeps telling me that if we are meant to have another bully in the house it will happen on its own time..I sure hope! :) Sooo yeah, sorry for being the Debbie Downer of EBN today lol.

Most Reactions