How do I know if I'm ready for a second bulldog??

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I guess I've been thinking how lovely it would be if Tate had a buddy to play and bond with. Thing is, is it too early for me to be getting a 2nd puppy? Maybe i should wait til Tate's a little older before I get into something i may not be able to handle.

The breeder I got Tate from just had a new litter and it's so darn tempting to get another!

Any thoughts on when is a good time for an addition?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Uh oh..you have "the fever".. And I ain't talking Bieber fever! You need to ask @jeanneco..she is an expert!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Sounds like you know the answer, you just want to blame us!:tease:

Nothing help get the puppy energy out but another puppy.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh no! you found me out!!! yeah, deep down i DO know the answer...and i want another one!

The way I look at it, now that I THINK I have Vegas figured out, with all his allergies, what is one more face and butt to wash?? I do have to wait until we get our house in the next 6 months, but I WILL have another!! At least I will be more educated on a new member of the family. I want to adopt/rescue a brother or sister for Vegas. I really don't want to go through the pup stage. I see no reason why you shouldn't, just another mouth to feed and face to wash!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
It's just that, when Tate even sees another dog he gets so excited, and he's such a friendly, cuddly little guy. I think he would make a great big brother!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
We have 3 and we didnt really plan any of them. They picked us! I like that they are all about the same age. Hitch is 3, Winston is 2 and Layla just turned 2. They help each other is so many ways...just like siblings are supposed to. They play, argue, kiss and cuddle, bully each other...even tell on each other....i couldnt imagine only having 1

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
Awwww I hear ya. We finally mastered everything with our first bully, Brutus...now we're looking for a second to join our family :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am the WRONG person to ask...Gator is only 7.5 months old and now we have Gypsy who is 4 months. For us, it just sort of happened. I got a call from our breeder who had a litter from someone that couldn't home them so he was trying to find them homes. I talked my husband into going and looking and voila! Gigi is here. lol

I, personally, think that if your house is big enough, you can afford the vet care for a second, and your heart is calling, then GO FOR IT! Like everyone else said, it is just one more butt to wipe and face to wash....only a couple more minutes a day for care and hours more of cuddles and kisses.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Like everyone else said, as long as you have the time and you can afford another dog...go for it. :)

I would love to have another. But, I'm only 20 and still live with my parents..I'm lucky that they let me have one dog!!

RockosDad

Mar 8, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocko
Ive also been seriously considering getting Rocko a brother or sister, im also in south california what breeder did you get Tate from?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ive also been seriously considering getting Rocko a brother or sister, im also in south california what breeder did you get Tate from?

Hi..I'm in southern cal too..we got Jake from a friend..but have a great friend who got an awesome guy..now 5.. From a breeder near San Diego..I will ask her for you. Sorry for sticking my nose in here!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.