Coins in a can and stubborn as a mule.....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So, I am stubborn as a mule. I can only wonder what people think when I tell them to get off of 1 star dog food- which Linda did to me for years and I did not LISTEN!!! Uggggh I am just kicking myself.

So coins in a can has been brought up NUMEROUS times on this forum.

Do I listen? Do I try coins in a can? NOooooooOOOOOoooooo. Cuz I am stubborn as a mule.

So after the recent thread about coins in the can I FINALLY try it. FINALLY. My bullies can start barking endlessly at times when I try to sweep, vaccuum, ect..... and I have tried everything to quiet them down, from a spank in the hiney to spray bottles.... nothing ever worked.

But guess what works?

L

Lucy-licious

Oh! Does it not scare them too bad? That's why I have never tried either cos I don't want her to get scared of me.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I use a can with mine too. It seems to scare them from what they are doing but not from you. All I have to do now is pick it up. lol

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] arent you glad that you tried it. lol

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh! Does it not scare them too bad? That's why I have never tried either cos I don't want her to get scared of me.

Yes well, that is part of my problem. My bulldogs listen to me on certain things, but dominance wise-- well lets just say as Chip puts it "You're too easy and they know it". They love their mommy to pieces, but they are not afraid of me, at least not enough to not fight with each other, or stop barking at me when I am making their food......So I have alpha pack and barking issues with my girls. So maybe a bit of a scare when necessary is a good thing! Sure has been quiet around here the past 3 days!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ohhhhhhhhh...ummmmmmm...errrrrrrr..could it be coins in a can? :blush2:
:goodjob::bravo: :)

It's a miracle I tell ya. Now that I'm using it, I need to learn myself not to raise my voice at both pups. I gingerly shake it and walla, they stop doing what I don't want them to, either playing really really rough (which is what I mainly use it for and I say the word "settle too), or Wilson's barking. He's so darn stubborn. Jake on the other hand will do what you want him to do.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I haven't tried it yet ... but if somebody proves it will stop cat-poop eating then I will be willing to give it a try!! :blink:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:goodjob::bravo: :)

It's a miracle I tell ya. Now that I'm using it, I need to learn myself not to raise my voice at both pups. I gingerly shake it and walla, they stop doing what I don't want them to, either playing really really rough (which is what I mainly use it for and I say the word "settle too), or Wilson's barking. He's so darn stubborn. Jake on the other hand will do what you want him to do.

Bahaaaaaaaaa....surely you jest..Jeanne..Jake is..after all..a bulldog! He puts his ears back and does what he wants to do!! I JUST told my husband I was going to try this. Then I read your post. Lol..he is so stubborn..I am in awe. And my dean dog has a horrible barking issue when people come..even barks at me when I come BACK from getting the mail..THIS is gonna be fun!

L

Lucy-licious

I haven't tried it yet ... but if somebody proves it will stop cat-poop eating then I will be willing to give it a try!! :blink:

I am thinking the exact same thing :) anyone got pics of their cans and instuctions to make one :lol:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I tried the Coins in the can and Goober found his on the counter and took it outside and ate it thank god he didnt eat any of the coins but Had a mess to clean up, and the look on his face was priceless it was like yeah now watcha gonna do

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
if cans with coins in dont work then a quick squirt in the face will!!!!,only takes a couple of times then when they see the bottle come out they go onto their bellys and commando crawl away:lol:with that look that says pleeeease im not that scared just dont want to get wet!!!!,karen

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
I am jealous!!! My bully just looks at me when I use the coins....he's like umm why all the noise?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
[MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] water only works if your bully isnt water obsessed. haha I use water on Mugsy and it works wonders. If I squirt Cutty he looks at me like " Can you do it again?!" haha

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
:lol:,annie too loves water ,when i started to squirt her she didnt see it comming and got such a shock,i also shouted leave it at her at the same time,sure the neighbors thought i was shouting at my old man!!!!!perhaps the element of surprise did the trick more than the actual water,karen

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I have been using the can for a week for a biter, with AMAZING results. I really only have to reach for the can at this point. @lucy-licious--I put 10 pennies in a coke can and put duct tape over the top. I have one in every room and outside!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.