Samson embarrassed me at the vet today....

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
but I also felt bad for him. The tech came out to the lobby to take us to the exam room and as we started walking back Samson started to :poo: right there in the lobby and everyone saw!!!! :eek: So embarrassed! He has NEVER done that at the vet, that has only happened once at petsmart when he was a baby. BUT as time has gone on Samson has become more and more anxious at the vet. He has gone so many times and had 3 surgeries, I think he just knows not so fun things happen there. So I think it was a scared, nervous poo. So after it was cleaned up I was like, awww my poor baby! He was just eating up the attention today though, he was being so silly! He may not like being there in general but he loves how much love he gets from all the staff, techs and vets!

His annual exam was mostly positive. I shared on another thread a heart murmur was identified but it is very minor and they just want to make sure to look for any changes at his next exam. I also got a new topical powder that I started on ANOTHER thread to help with his slightly irritated wrinkles. Other than that, all is good. He is at a good weight, while he doesn't need to lose she did say she didn't want to see him gain anymore weight because she stressed the importance of keeping bullys trim. Now that he is 5 yrs old I asked about what I can do to make sure he ages well and she stressed keeping him at a good weight. She also commented on how incredibly clean his teeth are which I have always attributed to his aggressive and obsessive nylabone chewing. I go to a large animal hospital, great place, state-of-the-art EVERYTHING. Only draw back is there are ALOT of drs and I don't always see the same one. I LOVED this dr though, she checked EVERYTHING and LOVED Sam! I will definitely ask for her next time! Oh other reason I liked her, as soon as she walked in the room she said "oh you win cutest face of the day award!" (and this was at the END of the day :))Well I say it's cutest face in the WORLD award but I realize I am a bit biased :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well.it sounds like it was all in all a good trip to the vets. Doctors visits scare the crap out of me too!! He has a right to be nervous! Glad you found a vet you like! I love positive people who love their jobs. And he does have a great face!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion does the same thing. I've learned that once I get to the vet, we always hang around outside until she poos. Then we go inside. Even if she goes poo right before we leave to the vet appt...she still will go at the vets.

Poor Samson.

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
Poor Sampson! Princess doesn't like the vet eithier. She never has a nervous poo, but she will hide from our vet and trimble. Shes had a few surgeries herself. Glad he got a good report with at the vet's office. And she sure sounded like a nice one..we always love the compliments on our bullies!

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH nervous has had nervous :poo: a lot lately. Including at the last vet visit, a couple trips to Pet Smart and the bully meet up we went to last month. It's actually all been within the last couple months. We are trying to make sure she goes here before we take her now. And the vets office suggested Bruce start just dropping in with her so she doesn't associate them with always being poked and jabbed. (the vet is about 10 blocks from our house) I think we need to start making daily "trips" so she doesn't get nervous about going places. But that's hard to do, especially with the price of gas these days. unnecessary road trips just aren't happening.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Sarah did that to me at petco one day. She had never done it before as I always stop before I go in and make sure she dont have to go. I was walking through the main aisle of course and was stops and poos right there lol. It happens. Sarah doesnt like the vet either as she had heartworms last year and she had to undergo the treatment. very painful. and yes she gets heartworm pills now. Im still trying to convincer her that just cause we go back to the exam room nothing bad is going to happen. Im glad that the visit went well. its nervous for us to waiting to see there ok. Very good news

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], Aawww poor Samson or should I say You?? I can assure you he was not the first dog to ever :poo:, and won't be the last!! Vegas went Friday for his two year exam. His weight is perfect for him and he has maintained actually lost .5 lb since he was 1, but like your vet, mine also stressed to keep his weight maintained. Vegas is fine while we are sitting in the waiting room but once it is our turn... as soon as we have to go through the door he puts his brakes on making me drag him down the hall on his belly :eek:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
That's funny! When we picked up Jack 4 weeks ago, our rescue puppy, we headed to Petsmart to get him some goodies. We had him inside the shopping cart and he took a :poo: in it, we're were stunned and I was laughing. The Petsmart gal with us at the time too. My hubby was gagging, again I was laughing. :D

Our senior has a mild heart murmur and it's never given him a lick of trouble.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Mugsy did the nervous poo also in the vets office. Funny how that is huh? Daddy takes the boys for their visits now that I have both girls and going is a challenge for me. He says Cutty pees every time. He used to love the vets too but I think he realized getting nails trimmed and anals glands done isnt so fun. Now he cries like a little girl. haha Poor thing.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Awww poor Samson!! I've never had Delilah do that..but she did at petsmart when she was a puppy and I was so embarrassed. xD

Delilah likes going to the vet. Well, she likes going anywhere..she just really doesn't care as long as someone is petting her, lol!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh other reason I liked her, as soon as she walked in the room she said "oh you win cutest face of the day award!" (and this was at the END of the day :))Well I say it's cutest face in the WORLD award but I realize I am a bit biased :)

[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION] Seriously now, this is Samson we're talking about ...... doesn't matter what time of day it is ... he is the cutest ... and that's all there is to it ... the vet was merely stating the obvious!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.