Leaving for 2 WEEKS! :(

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
For months now I have been anxiously awaiting and dreading this day. My boyfriend and I are leaving Monday for Hawaii to see some of my family. We will be gone for 2 WEEKS and I'm already sad.

Now, when I tell most people this they look at me like I'm crazy and say why in the world are you sad- you're going to paradise for 2 weeks!

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited and grateful that we are going!
But 2 weeks without my baby Roxi!? :*( I've already cried about 10 times the last few days just thinking about it.

I don't know what I am going to do without her little wiggle butt every day! She is staying with family and I know she will be taken care of but it isn't the same.

Has anyone else gone this long without their baby? Any suggestions
on what to do for me and her?

Last edited:

speechmom53

Feb 17, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
I know how you feel. My husband and I were married on the Disney Wonder Cruise ship over a year ago. We have our next cruise booked on the new Disney Dream this coming January. Everytime I think about it I get worried. I don't know what I am going to do either. Maybe I can sneak him in my suitcase or get him certified as a service dog and he can go with us! :) Wonder if it will work...LOL

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh no! I know you will have a wonderful time (we lived in Hawaii for five years) but I also have never been away from any of my animals other than going to work or a night out so I know you will be anxious. Just keep in mind that she will be fine with family. Maybe wear a shirt to bed for a few nights and send that with her to have your scent while you are gone. As for you, just take some videos or pictures. You can call to talk to her too. Isn't there a member here that lives in Hawaii. Maybe you can meet up with him and spend a few minutes with his baby??

Try to have fun!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've been minus my bullies for up to a month during an extended research trip and when I got married and went to Europe - and it was hard but knowing they are safe and loved with family is going to make a big, big difference.

Like being away from any loved one, I would enjoy your time without Roxi and use it as an opportunity to appreciate her more when you get back!

Have fun - I wish I was going with you!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1704]RoxiBear[/MENTION], will you have access to a computer? Perhaps your family members can email you a dialy picture for you??

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Yes, I will have access to a computer. I have already talked with my family and they will be sending me pictures daily and I will get to talk to Rox on the phone. We have even considered daily skype chats. :D They have been reassuring me that she will be well taken care of, I am just going to miss her soooooooo much!

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I know it will be hard! I think leaving your shirt behind with your scent on it and putting it in her bed it is a great idea! I'm leaving in 1 month myself for 1 1/2 weeks and already have been thinking how hard it will be to leave Princess behind! I wish they could understand that we will be back for them!!! She really will be ok. I think the pics and the daily skype would be super cool. Hope that all works out for you. Try to have a great trip and know she is safe with your family :flower:

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Well, we are finally home! We had an awesome 2 1/2 weeks in Hawaii with my family but we are thankful to be back home with our bullie! I missed her so much!:luv:
As soon as we picked her up, she started crying....and so did I. We are so thankful our families took such good care of her and thank you all for your sweet comments.

BabeEnglishBulldog

Feb 17, 2011
I agree, days without my Babe are always sad. Why didn't you take Roxie with you? I wish I can go to Hawaii with my Babe.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, we are finally home! We had an awesome 2 1/2 weeks in Hawaii with my family but we are thankful to be back home with our bullie! I missed her so much!:luv:
As soon as we picked her up, she started crying....and so did I. We are so thankful our families took such good care of her and thank you all for your sweet comments.

Oh, that is SO sweet! your baby missed you as much as you missed her. Glad you had a wonderful time in Hawaii!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am so glad you were able to have a good time. I bet the reunion was so exciting!

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
So glad to hear that you had fun!!

When ever I'm gone for a few days and get to see Delilah again...we get sooo excited. haha. :)

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
I have not been on much the last couple weeks, and I missed this post... could have hooked you up with some Bullie time :) glad to hear you had a good trip and that your baby was well taken care of

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.