Sibling Rivalry????

traciehorne

Feb 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey, Otis and Diesel
We are starting to have some issues with FIGHTING!!! All of a sudden my oldest two (5 and 2) started to fight... Not just play fight.. but look like they want to seriously hurt each other fight! And with our third (8 mo) now getting bigger, he is starting to jump in the mix too!!! We have tried to separate them, we have tried making a loud noise to distract them, we have even tried to support the dominant dog... all of these things worked for about a day and then it goes back to the fighting....
We have a doggie sitter coming to stay with our babies while we are on vacation, and I am fearful that this will happen while we are gone and she won't know how to handle it... or even worse, they will seriously hurt each other....
Any advice???
:confused:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Can you get 2 doggie sitters? One at the house with 2 pups....then get someone to take the 3rd into their home for the duration of your visit?

OP
traciehorne

traciehorne

Feb 2, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey, Otis and Diesel
We actually tried that .. and when we brought them all back together, the aggression seemed to get worse... Almost as if they had to re-establish the pack order.
Thank you though :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Out of 6 male Bulldogs over a span of 30 years we have had only 1 problem with serious fighting; the boys were from the same litter but we had Mack 3 months before we got Chester. The fighting didn't start until they turned 3; it got progressively worse to the point of having to keep them separated at all times. It was always Chester that started the fights, Mack tried to protect himself and was becoming a very nervous Bulldog. We ended up finding a new home for Chester. If you have access to a good trainer that knows Bulldogs that could be a help. We tried everything including aroma therapy which was supposed to be calming...nothing worked. Good luck!!!

naturalguy

May 10, 2011
That is a tough and stressful situation for all involved. I have 3 dogs - a 5 year old puggle, a 2 year old english bully and a 2 year old french mastiff which is huge and my bully is on the small side. Both are girls, at around 1 year old they started to fight and it was bad, there was blood drawn a few times. There was always a trigger, either a toy, food, etc. The biggest thing that fixed it was that we got tougher with them, much more disciplined also we removed all triggers- they eat separately, they only get toys when they are separated. We haven't had an incident in a long time but you have to remain tough with them anytime we got lax they would act up, every time we stay disciplined we have peace.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Good luck with that...I am not sure if I have sibling rivalry or Lola just getting tired of Brodie. Yesterday while my daughter was in the pool both lola and brodie were hanging out. Their life vest have not come in yet so NO swimming for them. Well according to both husband and daughter in two seperate conversations, Brodie standing by the edge watching Mackenzie was PUSHED into the pool by Lola. Mike said that Lola walked by and with her head pushed him into the pool. Mackenzie told me the same thing. I think Lola got unnerved that Brodie was that close to Mackenzie and said "hm I will show you" and gave him an ole push a roo. Poor little guy, he was so scared and so was hubby but he said he knew just what to do. He also said that he would NOT get close to the pool after that. Hope he is not afraid of it now.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.