Puppy Walking

Valerie Abro

May 6, 2011
Hello, this is my first post here but I have been reading and learning a lot from these forums. I am currently in the process of purchasing an English Bulldog, he is currently a little over 4 weeks old and he is chunkier then the rest of the litter which I love! I went to see him today and I noticed that he was having a harder time walking on his hind legs then the rest of the crew. He still manages to move around using them and can stand up, but I noticed that his legs separate a lot. The floor was mostly newspapers which is not ideal for traction but I should I be concerned or is this common at his age? Some of the other dogs were doing the same just not as much, any advise would be very helpful....Thanks!
P.S. I am totally in love with him and haven't even taken him home yet!!!:heart:

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hi @ Valerie Abro..at 4 weeks it's very hard to tell because they are so clumsy! I was thinking maybe because he is heavier than rest of litter..that could be slowing him down! You have time to watch his development and I would keep an eye on him. Congrats and I know how excited you must be!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Congratulations! Sounds like your guy is first in line for dinner! His size may be slowing him down, but I wouldn't be too worried because he is so young!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I think for the age, that is normal. When I got Bella she was "8 weeks" according to her breeder, but very very small, I think more like 6. She was still not sure on her legs, but was fine within a week.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Should be normal for that age!! Most puppies that young aren't completely stable on their wobbly little legs yet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.