Does your bulldog milk?

Katie9449

May 2, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel Tank
Okay, Diesel has done this since the day I brought him home...and I have to know if other bullies do this! He "milks" his bear (the only toy that he will not chew up) every time before he goes to sleep. He puts his paws up on it and kneads it with his paws while lightly sucking on it.

I have to take this bear everywhere with us and he gets really upset if I wash it (sits in front of the washer/dryer the whole time grumbling).

Is this a bull dog thing or just a Diesel thing? 73977_10100600156099181_2030727_73821177_6201220_n.jpg

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
It's a dog thing. Have you seen Orion and her stinky bear?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Many years ago we had a dobie that did this with a blanket. We had avocado trees with very low branches and she would actually drag that blanket up on a branch and suck it! When we sold that house..part of the listing was a warning to "watch for dog in tree"...vet said she was weaned either too early or too quickly! Awww..good memories of a great dog..thanks [MENTION=2322]Katie9449[/MENTION]

buffalobabie

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Bulldog(s) Names
Gregory
gregory does this with his stuffed bass fish. every since i brought him home, sometimes when he gets too hyper its the only way to get him to go to sleep. He also did it with a stuffed pig.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think it is so cute, none of mine do it but many bullies on this forum do!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2322]Katie9449[/MENTION], Vegas does the same thing with a big stuffed Monkey and he is very protective of it. If he brings it out to the living room and I slightly tug on it to tease his, he will gather it and actually lay on top of it so that I can not get it. Here is a picture of his monkey's nose that he has sucked from flat to almost a point, LOL

stinkymonkey003.jpg

Last edited:

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Poor monkey needs some plastic surgery but Vegas is such a beautiful boy I guess he can do anything. My Katie sucks on her Easter Bunnys face then humps the other end at the same time

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Poor monkey needs some plastic surgery but Vegas is such a beautiful boy I guess he can do anything. My Katie sucks on her Easter Bunnys face then humps the other end at the same time

[MENTION=1950]goobers mom[/MENTION], :eek: what is Katie thinking?? :LMAO: Poor Easter Bunny, used and abused!!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I do have to admit I don't have to deal with that type of multi-tasking here! Orion has her stinky bear that she it protective of. Actually she has 9 stinky bears (all in need of repair) and the easter bunny brought her 2 bunnies (one of which needs repair) She just sucks for hours. And much like a toddler who carries the beloved blanket around from room to room, Orion tugs her bears from room to room. It's really sweet, but it's also a big pain in the arse.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
As soon as I read the initial post I immediately thought of Orion and kmarino's Vegas!!!!!! :luv:

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Oh yes, both Bella and Abby "Milk". Abby is the worst, she has to have a pacifier just to settle down at night and sleep. If it falls of the bed at night, she will bark until we get up and pick it off the floor and give it back to her.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
As soon as I read the initial post I immediately thought of Orion and kmarino's Vegas!!!!!! :luv:

I thought the same thing! Too funny. I had a cat that did that. His favorite thing to suck was my hair, ewww...my vet also said he was weaned too early.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Princess Gracie is not partial to any one stuffed animal.... she rips and tears them up equally with equal vigor!!!!!

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh yes, both Bella and Abby "Milk". Abby is the worst, she has to have a pacifier just to settle down at night and sleep. If it falls of the bed at night, she will bark until we get up and pick it off the floor and give it back to her.

[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], do you mean a real baby pacifier? or a doggie rubber one? Abby really sucks it like a baby would? That's hilarious, I thought Vegas was bad with his monkey, I could not imagine seeing him with a pacifier!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION], do you mean a real baby pacifier? or a doggie rubber one? Abby really sucks it like a baby would? That's hilarious, I thought Vegas was bad with his monkey, I could not imagine seeing him with a pacifier!!

Oh I wish. We call her stuffed animals her "pacifiers" But that gives me an idea. I could attach a small piece of her toy fur to a dog pacifier and see if she will use it.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.