cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
For those of you who use a harness for your bully, can you help me with choosing a good quality one? I started taking Tate out for walks this week and have been using a collar and leash but i think i'm tugging on his neck too much and don't want to hurt him. Also, he doesn't look like a happy camper when that collar/leash goes on!

I'm stopping by Petco after work today if anyone has any suggestions for me. Thanks!

Erika

Apr 6, 2011
Austin, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess, Boss Lady P, P Dawg
I haven't needed a harness for Princess..but I think this one is cute! At least the style. It actually looks like it works good for the broad chested dogs!

home-pickles.jpg

Last edited:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We have one from petsmart that when we go for rides or walks we always use. The harness will help control them better too..

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
We have this one that helps to stop them from pulling. Works great for us. :)
http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Walk-Harness-Petite-Color/dp/B000OGLHDO/ref=sr_1_19?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1304540411&sr=1-19

NJBullyMommy

Apr 20, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
There are 2 different kinds of harnesses out there....there's the one that has to slip over there head and then put their feet in and it gets really complicated when your bully is there trying to eat it as your putting it on lol. The one we have is where he just steps into it and it clips on his back (has 2 rings to put the leash on). Since you're going to Petco...this is the style of the one I have and looked up an example on their website: PETCO Easy Step-In Red Comfort Harness for Dogs at PETCO The easy step in one really made it easier for us since we have a hyperactive boy that wont stand still for 2 min lol. Hope this helps!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I use the step in harness, I have much better control, Vegas is not choking himself, and it has padded chest and underarms. The ONLY problem I have with it is ME......and getting the DAM* thing on!!!! I get it so twisted and turned all the while Vegas is crying to go out and he gets mad at me, I get mad at the harness it is a vicious circle!! By the time I finally figure it out and open the door Vegas is on a dead run to get away from me. :LMAO::eek: [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]----thought you would like this post :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I use the step in harness, I have much better control, Vegas is not choking himself, and it has padded chest and underarms. The ONLY problem I have with it is ME......and getting the DAM* thing on!!!! I get it so twisted and turned all the while Vegas is crying to go out and he gets mad at me, I get mad at the harness it is a vicious circle!! By the time I finally figure it out and open the door Vegas is on a dead run to get away from me. :LMAO::eek: @JAKEISGREAT ----thought you would like this post :lol:

ohhhhh[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]....this is too funny and now I have that image in my head!! THIS is why I haven't gotten a harness yet!! :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::angry:

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
thanks guys, for all the suggestions. i'm off to Petco now and will look for the step in kind based on what everyone said. I need something "easy" to put on Tate 'cuz just placing his collar on is a challenge unless of course i bribe him with a snack ! :crazy:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
We like the Gooby big dog harness. It is soft and is made with a breathable mesh. Very easy to put on. Hope you found one you like!

Barkley

Mar 4, 2011
Shoreline, WA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley
I really like this harness, although I haven't purchased one for Barkley yet. I use it to walk my bosses' dog everyday - he is a min pin and very hard to control. This harness is awesome and it's not a step in one! I'm just waiting for Barkley to get a little bigger before buying one. Here is the link. About the Wonder Walker If you don't like the one you bought, try this one. Good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I really reallly reallly like the harnesses that slip over the head and are wide cloth instead of strapping. I think they are best for the dog but I would imagine that some are hot in mid summer. Princess Gracie has about a half dozen of them... well, we DO need to coordinate colors with leads to match. ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Only Maggie has a harness at the moment but we really do need to get one for Daddy because he is a really bad puller when it comes to walking!!!!

Maggie's is the step-in type that clips at the back between the shoulder blades (approx) and just like [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] ... I can guarantee that every time I put it on I always put it on the wrong way. Maggie understands that her owner is an idiot however, and just stands there very patiently whilst it takes me a minimum of two attempts!!!! :eek:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I put an arrow pointing to the back with a magic marker on Gracies step in cuz 90% of the time I put it on wrong first try.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.