Need some help with Guinness

L

Lucy-licious

everybodys already suggested the same as I would have , antibiotics, food and bowls etc
but just had to drop in and say HI [MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION] and as per Guinness is such a cutiepie with or without the spotty chin :luv:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yep was thinking allergies too. It can take a while to develop them so maybe this food is just not agreeing at this point. I was going to say to try the acne pads to clean his chin and also after that maybe try aquaphor lotion which I think may help to heal them up and also act as a barrier for when he does get a drink and all that. I swear by aquaphor that stuff can heal anything. haha By the way SO nice to see you on here [MENTION=925]wfd38383[/MENTION], have missed you!!! Now if you could stick around more that wold be lovely. ;)

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
All great advice. I know we have had a high pollen count here lately and anyone with allergies has been suffering a bit lately. Samson's eyes have definitely been watering more than usual. I am sure someone else may have mentioned this but try giving him some benedryl, I give Samson atarax which is just another antihistamine and it helps alot with his allergies. My goodness Guinness has gotten so big, such a handsome boy :bully::heart: Oh yeah and I did see it suggested but I agree, I would try switching to one of Fromm's grain free formulas (surf & turf or beef frittata).

OP
wfd38383

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
thanks for all the great advice!!!!!, going to switch over to Fromm 4, but gonna finish off the last few lbs of fromm puppy, also going ot try the acne wipes , if doesn't get better will def call the vet

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
In the meantime, I'd like to point out that you are obviously mis-treating him, and so should probably arrange to have him shipped over to me in Ohio as soon as possible ..... :whistle:

Ok, wait....that is the like third puppy that you have tried to hijack in as many days......you are cracking me up!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
If they are open sores now, you might want to take him to the vet. They get infected very easily. My vet also suggested stridex pads or benzoil peroxide cream.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ok, wait....that is the like third puppy that you have tried to hijack in as many days......you are cracking me up!

[MENTION=1906]GatorRay[/MENTION] .... You wait!!! One day it just might work! ;)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I noticed Tate's starting to get these "pimples" too...looks very similar to Guinness's photos. I'm going to try some Stridex pads and I also heard that pure aloe vera gel might be helpful. Anyone have any experience w/this?

Tate slobbers water all over his face and neck area when he drinks so i'm thinking maybe this is also contributing to the acne. Also, i'm kind of all over the place w/his food right now; he's transitioning to a grain free formula from Canidae (was on Eukanuba), but i still give him dog treats that are not grain free...and reading about chicken makes me wonder too 'cuz he has some other treats that are made w/chicken. This is truly a learning experience!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
You know [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] the stridex made jakes worse! I got some pads from vet..dermaclor k wipes..they worked great..keep on hand and use on any bumps he gets..just can't get near eyes..like usual. Not sure if I spelled exactly..label twisted!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
You know [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] the stridex made jakes worse! I got some pads from vet..dermaclor k wipes..they worked great..keep on hand and use on any bumps he gets..just can't get near eyes..like usual. Not sure if I spelled exactly..label twisted!

okay, thanks for telling me. I was gonna stop by Rite Aid today to pick some up. I'll give my vet's office a call and see if they have this. Thanku, [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

called the vet's office and found out today that the Dermachlor K has been discontinued...so they're going to issue Tate something called Mal-A-Ket wipes...has basically the same ingreds as the Dermachlor K. Just an FYI!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
called the vet's office and found out today that the Dermachlor K has been discontinued...so they're going to issue Tate something called Mal-A-Ket wipes...has basically the same ingreds as the Dermachlor K. Just an FYI!!

Wow..I JUST got them!! Good to know as long as they are the same will be fine! Thanks for heads up! I'm addicted to using them now!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow..I JUST got them!! Good to know as long as they are the same will be fine! Thanks for heads up! I'm addicted to using them now!

Oh wow, you did?? i was googling the derma stuff yesterday after u told me about it, and i didn't read anything about it being dc'd...so i called the vet's and the clerk said she'd ask my vet, and then that's what they told me today...
Anyways, i heard the dermachlor K is really good stuff; the M ones that i'm getting also has chlorhexadine and ketoconazole in it plus acetic acid and i hear they work very nicely too for our wrinkly babies. So, we'll see how it goes!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sure will be fine! I like them also cuz they smell good..lol..and we all know bullies LOVE to smell good!!! My vet might have had some in stock too..I'll find out soon enough![MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I use Dermachlor K, also. Why does all the good stuff get discontinued?!?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online