Vegas is acting...

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It hasn't been that long since your trip. Where he wasn't treated well and definitely wasn't happy. Could he somehow be perhaps thinking your preparing to go away again and depressed? Have you been gone longer house hunting, or working different hours that have changed your timing of his routine?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] My thoughts immediately went the same direction as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION]. It doesn't seem that long since you were on your trip and Vegas was treated very badly. This place was obviously not as clean as you had first thought .... there's a possiblity he's picked something up from there. I might be tempted to mention this at your vet visit, and maybe push for further tests. Nobody knows your bully like you, and no amount of schooling and vet qualifications are going to better that. Go with your gut on this one.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Ruling out any medical cause, maybe he just needs something to cheer him up. Maybe a play date (if they can tolerate the humping lol) or a trip to petsmart to get out of the house since he can't go on walks or maybe a trip for ice cream?

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It hasn't been that long since your trip. Where he wasn't treated well and definitely wasn't happy. Could he somehow be perhaps thinking your preparing to go away again and depressed? Have you been gone longer house hunting, or working different hours that have changed your timing of his routine?

[MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION], Nothing has changed, we are not house hunting until around July, I work the same exact hours, it has been 3 weeks since our trip. He did act a little better last night, he had his "wildman" spurt and I played extra hard with him. This morning was just about back to normal, he did eat immediately when he got up. Hopefully he is over his spell, although we still have an appt. Friday at our vet.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well, we have learned with HRH that although she likes and wants her routine she sometimes gets it in her head to mix it up just a bit and go with a new routine. (she's now coming to the kitchen every evening and eating her dinner when we eat ours, and the last two days we've even fed her breakfast there). So maybe it's as simple as something like that. But [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] brings up a good point about possibly picking up a bug at the boarding place, so it's good you have that appointment on Friday just to get everything checked out.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
(she's now coming to the kitchen every evening and eating her dinner when we eat ours, and the last two days we've even fed her breakfast there). .

Oooooooo...... [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] ... that is SUCH wonderful news. Way to go, Princess Gracie!!! :up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Way late on this one as usual it seems but I hope he perks up soon. I agree go with your gut! mama knows best and if you feel something is off then dont let the vet wash it away with typical bully behavior without all the tests being done. I hope it is typical lazy bully behavior but until you can rule out everything else you wont be able to rest.

Most Reactions