Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Vegas is acting...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy2 View Post
    I was thinking the Benedryl too.
    @Suzy2 @goobers mom, he has not had benadryl in almost a week, so no.. that is not the change in him.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 05-03-2011 at 06:14 PM.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hmm...wow....maybe a combo of growing older and having to be inside so much when he is used to going out.Boredom maybe? I would definitely ask the vet to do some bloodwork to make sure things look normal. Can't hurt (well, maybe just a little). I hope he perks up and that nothing is going on with him!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Have you put your air conditioning on in your house yet?

The reason I ask is because I turned my air on this afternoon and it seemed to perk Linus up quite a bit. He just hates being hot. Maybe Vegas is the same way?

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

It hasn't been that long since your trip. Where he wasn't treated well and definitely wasn't happy. Could he somehow be perhaps thinking your preparing to go away again and depressed? Have you been gone longer house hunting, or working different hours that have changed your timing of his routine?

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO My thoughts immediately went the same direction as @LariP. It doesn't seem that long since you were on your trip and Vegas was treated very badly. This place was obviously not as clean as you had first thought .... there's a possiblity he's picked something up from there. I might be tempted to mention this at your vet visit, and maybe push for further tests. Nobody knows your bully like you, and no amount of schooling and vet qualifications are going to better that. Go with your gut on this one.

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jen
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ???
    Likes (Received)

Ruling out any medical cause, maybe he just needs something to cheer him up. Maybe a play date (if they can tolerate the humping lol) or a trip to petsmart to get out of the house since he can't go on walks or maybe a trip for ice cream?
    If tears could build a staircase and happy memories a lane, I could walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again!

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    It hasn't been that long since your trip. Where he wasn't treated well and definitely wasn't happy. Could he somehow be perhaps thinking your preparing to go away again and depressed? Have you been gone longer house hunting, or working different hours that have changed your timing of his routine?
    @LariP, Nothing has changed, we are not house hunting until around July, I work the same exact hours, it has been 3 weeks since our trip. He did act a little better last night, he had his "wildman" spurt and I played extra hard with him. This morning was just about back to normal, he did eat immediately when he got up. Hopefully he is over his spell, although we still have an appt. Friday at our vet.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Well, we have learned with HRH that although she likes and wants her routine she sometimes gets it in her head to mix it up just a bit and go with a new routine. (she's now coming to the kitchen every evening and eating her dinner when we eat ours, and the last two days we've even fed her breakfast there). So maybe it's as simple as something like that. But @kazzy220 brings up a good point about possibly picking up a bug at the boarding place, so it's good you have that appointment on Friday just to get everything checked out.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    (she's now coming to the kitchen every evening and eating her dinner when we eat ours, and the last two days we've even fed her breakfast there). .

Oooooooo...... @LariP ... that is SUCH wonderful news. Way to go, Princess Gracie!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Way late on this one as usual it seems but I hope he perks up soon. I agree go with your gut! mama knows best and if you feel something is off then dont let the vet wash it away with typical bully behavior without all the tests being done. I hope it is typical lazy bully behavior but until you can rule out everything else you wont be able to rest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads