Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soreness question

S. New Jersey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Soreness question

That is good news that he is responding to rest. Like I mentioned before Lucy had a pulled muscle a few months back and I'll tell you that it took so long to heal. We would try to get her back on an exercise routine and a few days into it she would be limping again. You may want to rest him another week and start back into exercise slowly. Also, I would not encourage any jumping until that leg has a chance to heal (if indeed it is a pulled muscle)

I am unsure what dose to give for glucosamine--but found a link with some information below. You may want to double check with the vet to make sure the dose is correct. I use the branded Cosequin. Lucy takes the DS capsules. I sprinkle the contents in her food twice a day. I provided the link for that too!

Glucosamine for Dogs

Nutramax Laboratories, Inc.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    washington, west virginia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Soreness question

i have a two year old with the same problem.. seems like when she overdoes herself with play and longer walks she cant move much the next day.. when i make a vet appointment she is fine when the time comes to take her in and the vet cant find anything wrong.. i have had x-rays that show nothing.. i cut down on the distance of her walks and the vet said i could be in the joint.. to try joint vitamins and give her a low dose asprin on the days she limping...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads