Green Mucus

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Okay so Ms. Tipsy started sneezing yesterday with her runny nose and this morning the mucus (sorry to be gross) wasn't clear, it was green. She is still very active, well as much as a bulldog can be. Should I worry and take her to vet or is this just a cold and will clear up?

Lynne

Feb 15, 2011
MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly and Ringo
Hi this happened to my bulldog about 3 weeks ago, I woke up to green mucus coming out of his nose, he was acting like he usually did except I had to keep wiping his nose, so I called the vet a couple of days later cause I thought maybe it was allergies and they put him on antibiotic for an upper respiratory infection. After a few days on meds his nose stopped running. I hope this helps.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Hmmm..... if it's green mucus I'd be tempted to go to the vets and get it checked!!! The way I was always told ..... if it's green then it's an infection of some kind.

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
She went to the vet and got herself some antibiotics but not before sneezing on me a bucket of...

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
I am glad she is gonna get better now. Did the vet say what was wrong??

OP
kev122573

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
He said it's probably an infection. If there is blood in the mucus or the pills don't help, there may be something like foxtail stuck in her nostril.

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
He said it's probably an infection. If there is blood in the mucus or the pills don't help, there may be something like foxtail stuck in her nostril.

Wow, I'm glad you mentioned about the foxtail. Ruckus isn't having any runny nose issues, but that's good info since he is always prancing through our grain fields.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I am glad you took her to the vet! She will probably start feeling better soon :). You are a good dad!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Sounds like kennel cough - which is really the doggy name for an upper respiratory infection. Truman just went through it a month ago or so and was back to himself after a round of antibiotics. I hope Tipsy feels better soon!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad you took Ms. Tipsy to the vet! What a good papa you are.

For future cases and readers: Some signs of a cold, kennel cough or UR infection are breathing fast (short quick breaths), lack of appetite, green or yellow mucus coming out of the nose, no desire to eat or drink, hacking or dry cough, vomiting (more than once and not right after a bunch of water).... if you see any of these odd behaviors, especially more than one of the symptoms above, you should take them to the vet if you do not have antibiotics on hand.

A cold or kennel cough is not very dangerous, but an Upper Respiratory Infection or Pneumonia is extremely dangerous and life threatening. It is always best to get to your vet for some antibiotics, I have seen many bullies friends die from this.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.