Hi, my name's Wilson and I still like to eat...

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
fresh pineapple has enzymes that aren't present in canned. a lot of puppies eat poop because they learn the behavior from their mothers, since a momma will eat poop from the babies to keep the nursing area/kennel clean. i would just clean up the poop when they go potty so there are no lawn truffles to be enjoyed later, so wilson doesn't even have a choice.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I am very fortunate that Sebastian and Oliver do not now, nor ever, eaten any poo!!! We don't have a cat box (no cats) so that helps, but they've never tried to eat their own or the big dogs' either. Both my boys know the leave it command and I have to use it frequently when I'm out in the flower beds since they try to eat the leaves and with each other when Sebastian is getting too winded from playing. He has to "leave" Oliver!!! He looks at me really funny when he's chewing on Oliver and I'm telling him to leave it!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
fresh pineapple has enzymes that aren't present in canned. a lot of puppies eat poop because they learn the behavior from their mothers, since a momma will eat poop from the babies to keep the nursing area/kennel clean. i would just clean up the poop when they go potty so there are no lawn truffles to be enjoyed later, so wilson doesn't even have a choice.
Thanks for the explanation on the pineapple, I had been wondering what the difference is. I was having a conversation just yesterday about Wilson and his treats and the learning the behavior from their mommas was discussed, that thought never crossed my mind until then. Makes sense and Wilson has been attracted to it ever since we brought him home - he would deep sniff his own at 8 weeks old and I was afraid I would encounter his :poo: habit and I did.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.