Hi, my name's Wilson and I still like to eat...

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:poo: :poo::poo::poo:!!! My Mommy doesn't understands that these warm fresh tasty little pooh snacks are so yummy to me and I don't understand yet why these warm little tasty snacks are so NASTY to my Mommy when I indulge...... :eek:

Ok so I've tried the Forbid from the Vet and Petco's Coprophagia. They, all three dogs - pups Wilson and Jack, and our Senior Ace, get the pills. He knows he not suppose to eat :poo: but ONLY when he see me watching him and then scolding him when he's caught. He shrugs his head from from left to right and scurries along but then if I'm not watching he'll head right on back. He just turned 4 months on Sat.

Any other :idea:?

ps...2 pups are quite the handful too, oh my... :)

4-17-11 (66).JPG

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Start teaching him the "leave it!" command. Also, feed all three dogs fresh (not canned) cut pineapple.

Also, what food are you feeding him?

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I've been working on the Leave It for several weeks now and it works when he's caught or getting near it. I tried canned pineapple but my older dog can't stand it and will pick through it in his food (we tried that first). My senior (he's almost 13) gets ProPlan (he's been on that we can't change that) and Jack the other pup gets Wellness, the same as Wilson. Wilson will also eat his own poop. I'm also as diligent as I can possibly be on getting the poo picked up right away but it's not always possible.

What's the difference in the fresh pineapple. I will try anything at this point.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There is also a vitamin or something you can give. I don't know what it is called tho....

L

Lucy-licious

Try the meat tenderiser [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] but apparently most puppies grow out of this habit anyway :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Hhmmm, no answer for you I did watch a show that they also said pineapple will deter a pup from eating poo, but again it was not about dealing with a bully!

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
Canned plain pumpkin ( not the pie filling) tastes wonderful on the way in and horrible on the way out . Try feeding that to all of your dogs. Also it's really good for them.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Lucy grew out of poo eating so I never had to do anything except find a new place for the cat box so she couldn't get her kitty crunchies. However, I have heard that meat tenderizer sprinkled on their food works and so does pineapple and pumpkin. Good luck!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jen, I tried the meat tenderizer for about 5 days before the pills, didn't work either. Would you believe I usually always have canned pure pumpkin to make muffins with and I'm out and apparently there's a shortage. Go figure. I'll look this weekend and hopefully they have it back in. I've read that it's really good for them too.

Thanks all for the suggestions again. I think I just needed to vent. My :luv: my little guy to pieces but it gets quite frustrating at times.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Try the meat tenderiser [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] but apparently most puppies grow out of this habit anyway :)
Update: Wilson's vet today said to go back to Adolfs meat tenderizer and give all dogs 2tsps per feeding. I'll report back with an update in a week or so.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.