doggie dooley?

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
Does anyone have any experience with a doggie dooley?
It is a Septic-Tank-Style Pet-Waste Disposal System (amazon)
I'm a new bulldog mommy and disposing of the poop is becoming an issue...for my lawn guy, not me :D
How does every one deal with this nasty task?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Does anyone have any experience with a doggie dooley?
It is a Septic-Tank-Style Pet-Waste Disposal System (amazon)
I'm a new bulldog mommy and disposing of the poop is becoming an issue...for my lawn guy, not me :D
How does every one deal with this nasty task?

I think I posted on another thread about this..we had one..worked great..need chemicals once in awhile..and you do have to actually still pick up poo and put in the system..unless of course you have a very talented dog!

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
I think I posted on another thread about this..we had one..worked great..need chemicals once in awhile..and you do have to actually still pick up poo and put in the system..unless of course you have a very talented dog!

I posted this question on the nutrition board as an afterthought to my "real" question about nutrition...I wanted to see if I'd get more responses by posting it here, since it didn't really have anything to do with nutrition.

Guess not too many people use this system? :confused:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We considered getting one but haven't as of yet. We just scoop it up and put it in a plastic bag to go in the garbage bin.

Edit: I now remember why we didn't get it when we were considering it. It says NOT to use it in clay and we definitely have clay.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We considered getting one but haven't as of yet. We just scoop it up and put it in a plastic bag to go in the garbage bin.

Edit: I now remember why we didn't get it when we were considering it. It says NOT to use it in clay and we definitely have clay.

For sure [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]..since it works like a leech field..clay would not be conducive to that! Thanks again for my flashy frame! Jake looks very regal..lol

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
My grandparents had one when I was little and it worked great as far as I know. They used it for years and it never had any kind of smell or anything. Can imagine they are only better now even.

OP
love jelly

love jelly

Mar 20, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Angelica (aka JELLY)
I think I will order this...I've seen enough positive to think it can be an answer...someone else talked about a "worm bin" using doggy poo....makes good soil for planting??? I'll look into that too.
I live in Florida and our "soil" is SAND, so the doggy dooley should work well.

Turns out it's kind of interesting to see what everyone does about the poopy problem. :up:

Rosiesmom

Apr 3, 2011
Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie aka Rosebud, Rosie Posie
I've seen these in my Fosters & Smith catalog. Very interested in them too. Update us if you do decide to get it and let us know how it works!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
At the moment we pick up the poop and put it in the bin. However we keep both our garbage bins in the garage and so it just stinks the garage out!! :down:

L

Lucy-licious

Bag it n bit it here too. And now with some rare warm weather here in the UK I just dread opening the bin..the stench is horrendous.
Whilst on this smelly subject though I have a concerted yard so Lucy's wees soak in. The smell in the heat is bad. I clean the yard every morning and use disinfectant but it's not getting rid of the smell any ideas on what I can use?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] I was always told that to get rid of the smell you have to go with something that hasn't got any kind of ammonia in. Because cat and dog pee have so much ammonia in, then if you try and wash it away with ammonia it just heightens the smell. I learnt this because one of my cats, back in England, decided to pee in strange places in the house. Somebody recommended a diluted solution of washing detergent .. .it apparently has no ammonia in so it counteracts the smell. It seemed to work with the cat ... wonder if it would work with your back garden!!

L

Lucy-licious

thanx [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I'll give it a shot in the morning when I get in from work.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.