Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: angry at my bully

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gomes View Post
    I also forgot to mention that my wife has gone back to work. She was home with her for the first 7 months of her life 24/7. We had her 99% trained. But since she is gone all day, Brandi just goes whenever and wherever she likes. We let her outside to go and she comes back in and promptly will put one down right in front of us. Can somebody please help.
    Seems he is reacting to your wife not being at home.... changes to their environment will sometimes cause this type of regressive behavior -- go back to training basics with him, schedule is everything -- and as someone else suggested, a mid-day potty break. Our first Bulldog would #2 in the house every time we moved furniture around.... post up right in front of us and drop. Also, when you let her out -- go with her and do not come in till she poo and then reward the heck out of her when she is done... treat or lovin's

Quote Originally Posted by Brancholympia View Post
    How long before you noticed him not marking in the house anymore. We got our youngest neutered about a week ago and still having marking incidents in the house and he is swollen where his balls use to be that it still looks like he has them... I know this is an old post but I'm a bit at a loss on what to do about marking. I hope time will help
    Marking is a hard one.... you have to try and catch him in the act and then give a firm NO.... we used a spray bottle with water in it for our Frenchie... squirt to the side of the body or side of face with a firm NO, then took him outside immediately..... it took 2 yrs to fully break him of it
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristyle Morton View Post
    ok so i feel totally bad about posting this but..
    my bully is on my nerves worse than ever! he'll be 3 in about two weeks and he doesn't do anything..seriously. he sleeps, eats, pees & poops. he doesn't play with my 3 yr old son, he doesn't play at all unless it's with his rope & he will only play for little bit then go lay back down. he sharts (yes, sharts) on the carpet, when he goes outside to pee he only pees a little at a time & then comes back in, he's hiked his leg 2x so far in the house (once on my bed & the other on my husbands workout bag) and he blows his snot all into the carpet, on the wall or onto my couch.
    does anyone else's bulldog do any of this? i've been fine with it up until lately because it's like this every single day..my husband thinks i'm being "mean" but i'm a stay at home mom and we have another dog also. we have 1 car so it's not like i can leave and get away for a break when i want... i'm just so irritated! we're having him fixed in june before we take our trip home to Texas & i hope something changes with him as a result. we bought him from a breeder in California with papers for $2600 & right now i feel like he's a total waste. if it wouldn't upset my son & husband, i'd find him a new home. i love him but i just can't take this! on top of that, my husband is trying to go special forces (and if all goes as planned he will be deployed soon) so while he's gone i'll have to do this all alone. we want to add baby #2 to our family but how can i do that knowing i'm this stressed about small stuff..but the small stuff that happens everyday ends up being a big annoyance everyday. help.
    I myself reading your post was amazed I think you have the problem and the Bullie would be better of in another home they need to be loved not snarled upon.

3. Likes RiiSi liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..I am going to wade in on this too. I am a new bully owner. This breed isn't the kind of dog you Get on the spur of the moment. I knew more about this kind of dog then my husband! You spent a lot of money and when you said you didn't think he was "worth it"..it broke my heart. What could you truly expect from him? He probably is less demanding of you than anyone in your life. You're right..they pee and poop and drool and eat and sleep..oh ya..and sleep some more. I bet your other dog does most of this too. I agree with someone before me..I bet his markings are in response to how you feel towards him. All dogs are very in tune to their humans..they feel your stress and anger. They feel your love and most of all they feel when you don't love them. I give you credit for being forthright about your feelings. I give you no credit for holding this or any dog in such low regard. I sense some real turmoil in your life and maybe it is easy to blame a drooling,slobbering,peeing,pooping,lazy ..but beautiful dog. After all, he can be sloughed off and the other problems will still be there. Be honest with yourself and if a new home is best for him..then find him a great loving home. I wish you peace and I wish Bodacious a new beginning..with you or a new family.

I have to agree with jakeisgreat... bulldogs aren't for everyone.. sounds like finding him someone that will love him like he is will be best for you both.. just be sure it is someone deserving please..

5. Likes Ftse 100 liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Wow I thought I had problems. I can't get much work done in the house with my 7 month old but I'm putting it down to being a puppy. He follows me everywhere but I am slowly getting used to it. He eats everything has destroyed every toy he got for Christmas but I still love him.
    Does your dog get out for a walk? I know this is the one activity my bulldog lives for every day he really enjoys outside.
    You are being very honest and that is to be admired, I truly hope you can find a way to live with your dog he looks so cute.

7. Likes Ftse 100 liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

My Elmo sleeps all the time, he doesn't want to play, he will be 3 in July, but I Love Him, he is my Big Boy, no matter what he does I Love Him, I would not give him up for anything. I did a lot of research on Bulldogs before I got him, I knew he would be the way he is, No Problem, I Just Love My Bully Boy So Much.

9. Likes Evilo liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

i admit there are times i can't get anything done but it reminds me that things don't have to be done and life is to short to worry about it.. so i stop and play with my dogs.. i wouldn't have it any other way...

11. Likes dolphin liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads