Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what might be wrong with my bully?

for me to submission him is a fight for control and yes it also makes him more angry..he doesn't even make eye contact with me. i 've raised in the past 2 well behaved pit bulls and never had this problem. biggie is stubborn i tell you! lol!i think ill look into getting him fixed hopefully his attitude will change. i've done a lot of research on this breed and they say they are great dogs and very loyal. thanks so much i feel better now knowing that i'm not the only one that has this problem .

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sharing a couple of facebook responses as well:

Judy Stanley sometimes the training is tramatizing to them,and once the trainer has gone then they go back to being the same way, u just have to let him know who is the boss in a loving way,not mean like alot of trainers do !a dog needs to bond with a person,people just seem to forget this or either don't know it ,if they bond with u they want to please u !i ... See Moreknow that is not much help but i just haven't had any behavior problems to mount to anything in my life with my dogs and i have had alot of dogs over my 61 years !

Yesterday at 8:16pm

Linda Harris Little my rocki was as stubborn as stubborn could be... I was putty in her hands! Good luck!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by biggie View Post
    for me to submission him is a fight for control and yes it also makes him more angry..he doesn't even make eye contact with me. i 've raised in the past 2 well behaved pit bulls and never had this problem. biggie is stubborn i tell you! lol!i think ill look into getting him fixed hopefully his attitude will change. i've done a lot of research on this breed and they say they are great dogs and very loyal. thanks so much i feel better now knowing that i'm not the only one that has this problem .
    Your pup sounds like mine. Get him fixed asap and see if that helps. With us it was like day and night really. The longer you wait I think the worse he will be in the end but I could be wrong. Had I known then what I know now, I would have neutered right away and saved this hassle. It was so bad we thought there must have been something medically wrong and they ran bloodwork x-rays etc and it was just him. Good luck and keep us posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads