Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crate Issues

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crate Issues

Memphis pees in his crate regaurdless but he is just 3 months old... I bought cheap 2.00 towels to fold n put in there w him so when i see that he pees i pull it out n replace it. I started him without bedding but when he would pee, he would sit n lay in it requiring a bath but this way the towel soaks most of it up n i can sponge bathe him everyday n then a bath once a wk. I sure hope he grows out of this...

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruno
    Likes (Received)

Forgot to mention something else I did that helped me with Bruno's crate training. My issue was that he would pee in his crate and wake up soaked in pee and his belly was all red and rashy.
    His crate came with the plastic tray as most crates do. What I did was I drilled a bunch of small holes neatly in the tray.
    I would fold old towels up on the bottom of the crate and then put the tray back in, on top of the towels.
    When he would pee, the towel would soak up the pee through the holes in the crate and he would wake up dry
    The other benefit to the towel being under the tray is that it would keep it a whole lot quieter and not make any noise when he moved in his crate at night and wake him up.
    http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic1104_1.gif

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Memphis
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jortiz9758 View Post
    Forgot to mention something else I did that helped me with Bruno's crate training. My issue was that he would pee in his crate and wake up soaked in pee and his belly was all red and rashy.
    His crate came with the plastic tray as most crates do. What I did was I drilled a bunch of small holes neatly in the tray.
    I would fold old towels up on the bottom of the crate and then put the tray back in, on top of the towels.
    When he would pee, the towel would soak up the pee through the holes in the crate and he would wake up dry
    The other benefit to the towel being under the tray is that it would keep it a whole lot quieter and not make any noise when he moved in his crate at night and wake him up.
    What an amazing idea!

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

vet bedding is whats used in vets surgarys ,its fleece on one side but the pee soaks through and keeps the top side dry,you can get it very cheap on ebay,i know it wont deal with the peeing issue unfortunatly its sometimes a bully thing,ive had 2 bullys over the years who constantly peed the beds lol,,he may grow out of it ,ive always had females but still scent marked,we call it dirty bitch syndrome!!!,lol,but at least if he sleeps on vet bed his body will be dry ,just put a sheet under the vet bed and wash that,karen

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If you really want to put something in there, I go to places like salvation army or goodwill and buy sheets towels, and blankets for the dogs. I am just careful to wash them really well before I use them. I will only buy white so that I can use bleach. Then you don't feel bad if it gets ruined and it is easier to wash than a bulky bed.

Lucy-licious

lucy did it for a while. she has 2 beds one in and one out of her crate, the last time she did it I put her other bed in there and she hasnt done it since.
    we always have a cushion bed and blanket in there that get washed at seperate times so her smell is always in her crate.
    no nasty fresh bed smell ever

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads