I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Default UPDATE on Vegas's food

I took his food back tonight after work, I showed the store manager the shredded pieces of paper that was mixed in with the food and told him it did not smell right.

The Manager said "This is NOT the first time I have seen this (the shredded paper) with this brand of food" I have been buying the same food, same bag size for almost a year and never had any problems!!

Got a full refund because thanks to this site I keep the bag at least a week after transferring it to my plastic container. I will continue to buy this food but will go through it with a fine tooth comb from now on!

Vegas inhaled his new bag of food, thank god back to normal. NO RESPONSE yet from NVI directly and it has been almost 24 hours.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: UPDATE on Vegas's food

Ooooh....not good that you haven't even gotten some generic response with a promise to follow up. I mentioned before about a problem with packaging machines..my hubby is involved in human food packaging..and agrees it very easilycould be a machine problem. Doesn't at all explain the food problem itself..just how labels could end up in bags. I bet they get their actual bag materials from china..and produce food here..then put food in the bags brought in from china..this will be interesting..

Real Name
    Kim
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (Bruty, Bru Bru, Brutus Maximus)
    Likes (Received)

What brand of food was this?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Meatball
    Likes (Received)

What kind of dog food was it?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

wow interesting! Maybe not hearing back right away means they are thinking about it?

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@NJBullyMommy, @IluvEnglishBulldogs It was Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Flavor---grain and gluten free, DON'T get me wrong, this food made a HUGE difference in Vegas with his yeast, allergies and smell, I have been buying it for almost a year with NO PROBLEMS, it is an excellent food!! I will continue to buy it. It just bothered me that he said he has seen it before in this food. The food is a 6-star food and saved Vegas and me from the wrong path we were on with foods and allergies.

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    wow interesting! Maybe not hearing back right away means they are thinking about it?
    @cali~jenn, yea got my fingers and toes crossed that they will offer me one full year of free food!! YEA RIGHT... in my dream world!! Just think of the money I could save though!! I would be happy with a $5 coupon though!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @cali~jenn, yea got my fingers and toes crossed that they will offer me one full year of free food!! YEA RIGHT... in my dream world!! Just think of the money I could save though!! I would be happy with a $5 coupon though!!
    HA!!! So easy to please..from free dog food for a year to a $5.00 off coupon..lol...YOU GO GIRL !!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Glad you got a full refund, I save my bag for a week too! Surprised to hear they said they have seen this alot with NVI, I have been feeding it to Samson for over 6 months and have never had ANY issues.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

This is very interesting to me and I have been following your story closely.

I was the one with the problems with the NVI. I purchased one bag that ended up getting little tiny worms in it that I wrote off as just a bad bag but then it happened to me two more times. I called after the second bad bag to complain and they told me about saving the bag, which I have also started doing.

I began checking my bags carefully for any tears or holes like @desertskybulldogs always says and I haven't had a problem since then however it is troubling to see perhaps the bag or something lacks the integrity to protect the food!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheshistory View Post
    This is very interesting to me and I have been following your story closely.

I was the one with the problems with the NVI. I purchased one bag that ended up getting little tiny worms in it that I wrote off as just a bad bag but then it happened to me two more times. I called after the second bad bag to complain and they told me about saving the bag, which I have also started doing.

I began checking my bags carefully for any tears or holes like @desertskybulldogs always says and I haven't had a problem since then however it is troubling to see perhaps the bag or something lacks the integrity to protect the food!
    @sheshistory..do you get your food locally or from petflow?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    @sheshistory..do you get your food locally or from petflow?
    Locally at a natural pet food store.

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads