UPDATE on Vegas's food

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I took his food back tonight after work, I showed the store manager the shredded pieces of paper that was mixed in with the food and told him it did not smell right.

The Manager said "This is NOT the first time I have seen this (the shredded paper) with this brand of food" :eek: I have been buying the same food, same bag size for almost a year and never had any problems!!

Got a full refund because thanks to this site I keep the bag at least a week after transferring it to my plastic container. I will continue to buy this food but will go through it with a fine tooth comb from now on!

Vegas inhaled his new bag of food, thank god back to normal. NO RESPONSE yet from NVI directly and it has been almost 24 hours.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ooooh....not good that you haven't even gotten some generic response with a promise to follow up. I mentioned before about a problem with packaging machines..my hubby is involved in human food packaging..and agrees it very easilycould be a machine problem. Doesn't at all explain the food problem itself..just how labels could end up in bags. I bet they get their actual bag materials from china..and produce food here..then put food in the bags brought in from china..this will be interesting..

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2251]NJBullyMommy[/MENTION], [MENTION=1756]IluvEnglishBulldogs[/MENTION] It was Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon Flavor---grain and gluten free, DON'T get me wrong, this food made a HUGE difference in Vegas with his yeast, allergies and smell, I have been buying it for almost a year with NO PROBLEMS, it is an excellent food!! I will continue to buy it. It just bothered me that he said he has seen it before in this food. The food is a 6-star food and saved Vegas and me from the wrong path we were on with foods and allergies.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
wow interesting! Maybe not hearing back right away means they are thinking about it? :D

[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], yea got my fingers and toes crossed that they will offer me one full year of free food!! :LMAO: YEA RIGHT... in my dream world!! Just think of the money I could save though!! I would be happy with a $5 coupon though!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION], yea got my fingers and toes crossed that they will offer me one full year of free food!! :LMAO: YEA RIGHT... in my dream world!! Just think of the money I could save though!! I would be happy with a $5 coupon though!!

HA!!! So easy to please..from free dog food for a year to a $5.00 off coupon..lol...YOU GO GIRL !! :lol: :lol:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Glad you got a full refund, I save my bag for a week too! Surprised to hear they said they have seen this alot with NVI, I have been feeding it to Samson for over 6 months and have never had ANY issues.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
This is very interesting to me and I have been following your story closely.

I was the one with the problems with the NVI. I purchased one bag that ended up getting little tiny worms in it that I wrote off as just a bad bag but then it happened to me two more times. I called after the second bad bag to complain and they told me about saving the bag, which I have also started doing.

I began checking my bags carefully for any tears or holes like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] always says and I haven't had a problem since then however it is troubling to see perhaps the bag or something lacks the integrity to protect the food!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

I was the one with the problems with the NVI. I purchased one bag that ended up getting little tiny worms in it that I wrote off as just a bad bag but then it happened to me two more times. I called after the second bad bag to complain and they told me about saving the bag, which I have also started doing.

I began checking my bags carefully for any tears or holes like [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] always says and I haven't had a problem since then however it is troubling to see perhaps the bag or something lacks the integrity to protect the food!

[MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION]..do you get your food locally or from petflow?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

I remember you saying this ...... hmmm I wonder if they are having a lot of packaging problems

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
All dog food is at risk of getting pinholes in it due to the fact it is heavy and quite man-handled from getting to point a- the distributor point b- the store and on trucks, palletts, ect.

Natures variety and Fromm put a bit more into their packaging to keep it fresh, so until they store it in plastic, which would be even worse for our enviornment, this can and will happen. Also I tend to think the better the dog food, the higher chance it will spoil because it is made with quality ingredients and not a bunch of fillers. Still does not explain the labels in it though!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
3 days and not even an acknowledgement of my letter from NVI. I am disappointed. As much money as I spend as well as other's on their brand of food I was hoping at least for an apology. I added it up and it is $700 for his food a year. I truly did not expect or want anything free, but at least acknowledge my complaint!! :down:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.