Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many words does your bully know?

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default How many words does your bully know?

I am sure there are more than I can think of but how many can you come up with that they understand?

The usual, come, sit, stay, laydown, paw, etc. Cookie, of course. Ball, outside, bye bye, back it up, take it nice, bath, no lick, kisses of course. Maybe thats all I can think of now.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chester
    Likes (Received)

Chester knows "treat".. "pen".. "outside".. and "leave it". But, he's only 6 months old, and I do have a feeling he knows more, but just doesn't listen :p My shih tzu.. I have to spell "walk" or he goes nuts and wants beat feet immediately!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

The spelling. Only works for a little while then they learn how to spell. Actually we have to spell b-a-t-h and the boys now know that too.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member laurentourville's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren Tourville
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Horse
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

horse's favorite word is nap! when i tell my son it's time for a nap, he gets upset and runs the other way. when horse hears me telling him this, horse comes running over to me, wiggling his butt! then horse races upstairs and waits for braeden in his bed! other good ones i can think of are: bum-wipe, daddy-meegle (thats what the boys call their daddy, who they don't see very often), groundhog (we have a family of them eating our garden, and horse likes to chase them into their burrows), i think that's it, besides the basics. now we just gotta get him to catch the groundhogs so they stop eating the garden!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Samson knows alot I don't even think I can remember it all. Sit, stay, lay down, outside, go to the room (the bedroom for bedtime), kisses, stop, up (like into the backseat of the car), treat, hungry?, nice (I tell him that when he takes a treat), bath, walk, go bye bye?, go to grandma's house?, beach, park, toy, he knows tons of words associated with food.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If I say the word "hungry", Orion drops whatever she is doing and gives me all her attention. She'll do the same for "treat". Vegas knows sit, down, hi-five, put your nose in the corner, close the door, bang-bang, down, up, soft, kiss, bye bye, bedtime, potty, poo, hungry, treat, roll-over, 'nuggle, come, leave it.........
    Orion knows sit, down, potty, hungry, nose in corner, leave it. It's hard to teach her any tricks because Vegas will act them out before she has a chance. It seems as if she knows more, but she ignors them. BUT, last week Vegas and O were fighting over a toy. I told Orion if "she let Vegas have it, she could go out into the garage and choose any toy she wants out of the box". (I took all the toys away because they fight non-stop over every little thing. Vegas has a few upstairs and O has a few in her kennel and they get to play with them when they are by themselves........they have no idea the box of toys is in the garage, in fact, Orion has snooped out there plenty of times without bothering the box of toys) So, I told O to drop the toy and she could get one out of the garage. She dropped the toy and followed me to the garage. After I opened the door, she went down the stairs, to the box, grabbed a toy, back up the stairs, and into the livingroom. My mouth just hung open. I closed it pretty quick when they started fighting over the new toy.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Molly can speak English. I think she knows everything we say. The rest of them know basics, especially "lets go", "treat", "inside" "outside", "eat"
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    If I say the word "hungry", Orion drops whatever she is doing and gives me all her attention. She'll do the same for "treat". Vegas knows sit, down, hi-five, put your nose in the corner, close the door, bang-bang, down, up, soft, kiss, bye bye, bedtime, potty, poo, hungry, treat, roll-over, 'nuggle, come, leave it.........
    Orion knows sit, down, potty, hungry, nose in corner, leave it. It's hard to teach her any tricks because Vegas will act them out before she has a chance. It seems as if she knows more, but she ignors them. BUT, last week Vegas and O were fighting over a toy. I told Orion if "she let Vegas have it, she could go out into the garage and choose any toy she wants out of the box". (I took all the toys away because they fight non-stop over every little thing. Vegas has a few upstairs and O has a few in her kennel and they get to play with them when they are by themselves........they have no idea the box of toys is in the garage, in fact, Orion has snooped out there plenty of times without bothering the box of toys) So, I told O to drop the toy and she could get one out of the garage. She dropped the toy and followed me to the garage. After I opened the door, she went down the stairs, to the box, grabbed a toy, back up the stairs, and into the livingroom. My mouth just hung open. I closed it pretty quick when they started fighting over the new toy.
    that is great!!!! What is nose in the corner?

Love the naptime one too my boys know are you hungry when I ask Sierra she runs the other way and they both run to the kitchen knowing she will feed half of everything to them.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    that is great!!!! What is nose in the corner?

Love the naptime one too my boys know are you hungry when I ask Sierra she runs the other way and they both run to the kitchen knowing she will feed half of everything to them.
    PUNISHMENT!! Kidding! I taught him this because he's my "kid" and kids in trouble get time outs with a nose in the corner! (and it is so stinkin' cute!!!)
    One time I came downstairs and Vegas had the pantry door open and he was nose deep in the shelves. I scolded him, asked him to close the door, then put his nose in a corner.

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=MVI_0367.mp4
    Last edited by Libra926; 06-17-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

How funny is that?!?!? You NEED to get a pic of that please!!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

didnt notice that link OH MY GOSH that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!!

Bulldog Vet in Training bluesteelapd's Avatar
    Real Name
    ~Carmin~
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mona Lisa and Leonardo
    Likes (Received)

WOW! I'm in shock. That was one amazing video! He is really smart and you've trained him so well! How long did it take to teach him those things? Close the door, all the way, nose in the corner, all the way in the corner?
    I admire you and Vegas so much!!! Please tell me your training methods. What a handsome fella he is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads