How many words does your bully know?

danangel14

Jun 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Dempsey
Dempsey knows sit, stay, quiet, kiss, paw, bath (he runs to the bathroom), byebye, car, home, David, mommy, BooBoo kitty, DC kitty, CHEESE, cookie, walk and bedtime. Does he always listen to the quiet, sit and stay? Noooo, but cheese? It is magic.

Attachments

• Dempsey 7.jpg
    Dempsey 7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 44
OP
cali~jenn

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh geez..."hungry?" "food" "water" "treat" "let's go" "car" "toy" "keys" "ball" Where is _" (knows to look out the window or door) and "LASER" if I say laser he looks on the floor...it have a video I need to post. It's really funny. I am sure he knows more....I read an article a while back about a study that most dogs are at the level of a 2 yr old as far as language BUT EB are like in the bottom 3...So this means they are not very smart! I don't believe it.

I dont believe it either! Stubborn and dumb are too different things. Whoever came up with that doesnt own a bully. :D

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I had to share that one on facebook Libra. AWESOME.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
WOW! I'm in shock. That was one amazing video! He is really smart and you've trained him so well! How long did it take to teach him those things? Close the door, all the way, nose in the corner, all the way in the corner?
I admire you and Vegas so much!!! Please tell me your training methods. What a handsome fella he is.

Let me start by saying it took me 6 weeks to teach him how to roll over. ( I was later told that they don't "rollover" too easily cause of their size) We had to come up with 2 tricks for the finale night of his puppy kindergarten training class. So, he finally learned it after 6 weeks and performed it well. The other was "hi-five". After the classes were over, I taught him the corner and closet tricks. By simply using the clicker and treats, he learned them quick. I put the treat above his nose in a corner and I'd say the command. When he moved to get the treat, "click" and "yes". Literally 5 minutes and he had it down pat!!! The door one was about a day. I just held the treat on the open door and when he went for it and touched the door click and yes. It wasn't long before he got good at it. Be careful if you teach them this one. He will close the fridge door while you are standing there. Same with the pantry. He's slammed the door on me several times.............

Zenscarboncopy

Apr 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Bulldog(s) Names
Zen Kingston
Zen and Carbon know quite a few words. Zen's absolute favorite is skateboard. You say that and he immediatley goes to the garage door because he knows that where is "precious" is waiting for him. They both know all the normal sit, stay, wait, down, off, kisses, walk, park, bye bye, etc... They also know "red light, green light", hide and seek, where's your toy, they love the word daddy (who travels 4 days a week and they know when it's Thursday and he's coming home). They both know "get in your crate" when they are naughty and will lay down and stay when you tell them "time out", even at the park in the middle of dozens of dogs and people.

They are so awesome!

Members online

No members online now.