potty training update

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Oliver and Sebastian are still in the process of being potty trained so I thought I would post an update.

Last Saturday hung up cowbells on my slider to the deck. Whenever the boys needed to go out, I would take them to the door and ring the bells, then open the door, tell them to go potty and let them out. Then the next step was taking Oliver's nose and make him hit the bells before I opened the door. Sebastian doesn't really like the bells (he backs away, when they make a noise).

Yesterday, Oliver walks to the door, sits down, pushes the bells with his nose and turns and looks at me to see if I'm coming to open the door for him. Sometimes he wants out and sometimes he wants to sit in the open doorway. I am impressed that it only took him 2 days to get the idea of what he's supposed to do.

Sebastian will go to the door and bark now since he doesn't like the bells. So far today, no accidents, though Oliver did look at one point like he was squatting to pee, but when I went over there, I couldn't find a wet spot.

Let's hope that this is the end of accidents in the house. I am so proud of my boys.

Also, forgot to mention this on his school pictures, but during class Sunday, Oliver was sitting next to me and I happened to look down and it looked like he was just sitting there and all of a sudden a little puddle starts forming underneath him. Pretty soon everyone in the class noticed and the puddle turned into a lake, and the silly boy was still just sitting there like he wasn't doing anything. The poor instructor brought some paper towel over to clean it up with, and had to go back and get more. All the time telling Oliver he did a good job. It was hilarious because he just sat there and pretended it wasn't coming from him. LOL!!!!

L

Lucy-licious

That is too funny :lol: bless him.
Maybe he thought he could blame it on someone else if no-one noticed :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Aww. That means you're a great teacher. They're quite smart, aren't they? :yes:

And Oliver was probably looking for a bell and didn't know what else to do when he couldn't find one. :)

OP
kim n the guys

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Aww. That means you're a great teacher. They're quite smart, aren't they? :yes:

And Oliver was probably looking for a bell and didn't know what else to do when he couldn't find one. :)

I wish that was the case, but I can't give him that much credit! LOL!!!! Next week's class is going to deal with potty training though, not because of what Oliver did, but it was a nice segue into the discussion of what is happening next week.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I wish that was the case, but I can't give him that much credit! LOL!!!! Next week's class is going to deal with potty training though, not because of what Oliver did, but it was a nice segue into the discussion of what is happening next week.

I wonder if the trainer's going to use Oliver as an example. lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.