Something NOT right with Vegas's Food

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Again I want to THANK everyone that said to keep the bag!! I bought Vegas a new bad of NVI Salmon on Sat. I have learned through this site to keep the bag a bit, I transfer it to a big plastic tub with a sealed lid.

Since Sat. he will eat, not inhale but eat eventually when I tell him to, I looked all through the food, no bugs, but I did notice the smell was not the same.

Tonight I go to feed him and he still has leftovers from breakfast which is the FIRST time this has happened. He sniffed and walked away :eek: I ask Joe to come and smell and look. Nothing looks abnormal but even Joe said it does not smell the same.

I called the place that I buy it and as long as it is in the bag I can do a full return! at $64 including tax, Thank god!! Something is just not right with this bag of food.

I am boiling hamburger as I type to feed him his dinner and breakfast so when I get off work tomorrow I will return it. I think it was [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] that said keep the bag, thank you for the advice it is going to save me $65 bucks!!!

Wonder what is wrong with this food??????, again No bugs, but it does not have that sickening smell of Salmon that I and Vegas are used to either. You KNOW it is bad if a bully turns his nose up to it!! Tonight he will be dining on boiled hamburg and frozen green beans, YUMMY!

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Vegas is going to get spoiled....oh, that's right, he is already spoiled!!! That is totally unheard of, a healthy Bully turning down food!!!!

Last edited:
OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], I know right?? Yes he is spoiled but I think his food is as well, what bully would turn down food? I have often said if I handed him his own poo he would eat it, so you know something is wrong with this food!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Even a pinhole size hole in the bag can spoil it. I would also write down the UPC number, and if it has any stamp on it, any codes, ect. and then write to Nature's Variety letting them know what happened. It is always a good idea to report any food you think is spoiled to the manufacturer, so they can make record of it and see if they get any more calls or letters from the same batch.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], OK we just transferred the food back into the bag, we found pieces of shredded, looks like labels, that say made in china:eek: through out his food, what the hell? We found 4 rather large pieces, I taped them to the bag and wrote down all the info from the bag the UPC code and all, next to email NVI on this matter!! I knew something was funny with this bag of food, why would it have pieces of what looks like shredded paper in it? and the smell is not the normal smell??? OK now I am getting mad! Thank god he did not get sick and his poo had remained solid since Sat.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I just fired off a long discriptive letter to NVI, it was bad that we found a piece of paper so big we could read it and it did say Made in China on the shred of paper :ohmy: I will let you know what they respond with.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
and you all know me when I say long letter, I mean looooong :lol:

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Omg I just switched to nvi...I hope this is a flook. Doesn't sound too promising.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION], I have used NVI for a year, NO PROBLEMS, and this will NOT stop me from still buying, just keep in mind to keep the bag at least a week, I would have never known that but due to this site learned. This is the very first time I have had any problem. It is a wonderful food and has does wonder's for Vegas, just happen to get a crappy bag. I did email the company and I will do a full return tomorrow. Don't be scared. I buy a big bag every 6 weeks over the last year and this is the first problem I have had.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]..and [MENTION=2106]mbuxx[/MENTION] .maybe the labels or bags were made in china..doesn't explain why they are in bag of food..but could be a problem with a labeling machine..hope:*(

Last edited:

Daphne

Dec 31, 2010
daphne 224.jpg i think Daphne would eat a bowl of sawdust, labels and all, if you put it in front of her. That is BIZARRE!!! I can't wait to hear how this story turns out!

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], OK we just transferred the food back into the bag, we found pieces of shredded, looks like labels, that say made in china:eek: through out his food, what the hell? We found 4 rather large pieces, I taped them to the bag and wrote down all the info from the bag the UPC code and all, next to email NVI on this matter!! I knew something was funny with this bag of food, why would it have pieces of what looks like shredded paper in it? and the smell is not the normal smell??? OK now I am getting mad! Thank god he did not get sick and his poo had remained solid since Sat.
WOW!!! i am pissed and this didn't even happen to me! :angry:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], i'm hoping they respond with "we are so terribly sorry, here are some treats, and a six month supply of food."

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], i'm hoping they respond with "we are so terribly sorry, here are some treats, and a six month supply of food."

[MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION], In a perfect world I would like that also! I emailed NVI around 6 pm last night and it is 8:30 am now. Still no word but I am sure it was after hours and I am sure I am not the only email they get. We will see if they even respond. I would hope they will since I did tell them about the bad bag of food, but also followed up by saying I have used it for a year with no problems and what a difference it does make with Vegas and his allergies. So it was not a mean letter, just a letter letting them know I got a bad bag this time. Thank god I saved the bag and called the store. I will be returning the bag after work today.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.