Thread: Something NOT right with Vegas's Food

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Something NOT right with Vegas's Food

Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    @desertskybulldogs, OK we just transferred the food back into the bag, we found pieces of shredded, looks like labels, that say made in china through out his food, what the hell? We found 4 rather large pieces, I taped them to the bag and wrote down all the info from the bag the UPC code and all, next to email NVI on this matter!! I knew something was funny with this bag of food, why would it have pieces of what looks like shredded paper in it? and the smell is not the normal smell??? OK now I am getting mad! Thank god he did not get sick and his poo had remained solid since Sat.
    WOW!!! i am pissed and this didn't even happen to me!

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO, i'm hoping they respond with "we are so terribly sorry, here are some treats, and a six month supply of food."

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sheila View Post
    @KMARINO, i'm hoping they respond with "we are so terribly sorry, here are some treats, and a six month supply of food."
    @sheila, In a perfect world I would like that also! I emailed NVI around 6 pm last night and it is 8:30 am now. Still no word but I am sure it was after hours and I am sure I am not the only email they get. We will see if they even respond. I would hope they will since I did tell them about the bad bag of food, but also followed up by saying I have used it for a year with no problems and what a difference it does make with Vegas and his allergies. So it was not a mean letter, just a letter letting them know I got a bad bag this time. Thank god I saved the bag and called the store. I will be returning the bag after work today.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

I would hope that NVI would at the very least send you a 5 bucks off coupon or sumptin for your effort in having to return their food. Was there a Lot# stamped on the bag? If so make sure your replacement bag isn't of the same #. Good luck with it.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@BruceP, Yes even a $5 coupon would be OK, I wrote down the UPC number, and the date the food was good til, the thing is they order the big bag for me, they only carry small, it only takes two days to get it. So when I return this big bag back today, I will get a small one until my big one comes in. Where would the lot # be? I taped the shreds of paper to the actual bag so that I can show the food carrier what I am talking about.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

@KMARINO..... I just went and looked on a Fromm bag and didn't find a lot # so maybe dogfood companies don't do that.. The lot # idea was just a wag anyway.
    Last edited by BruceP; 04-26-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Wow I am sure they will send you at least a coupon for something. See and I just got 2 bags of food from petflow sat and when we picked them up and brought them into the garage they both were torn open in the same spot at the top BUT they came laying down in the box and would have spilled had they come that way I am sure (or think I am) so I think we must have tore them when picking them up maybe? I did save the bag as well and the food seemed ok and the boys are eating BUT how would I return anyhow being from petflow?

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)

@cali~jenn I would contact Petflow now, in case there is a time that you need to do a return. Then you will know exactly how to do one. It is actually cheaper where I buy his food than ordering from Petflow. and it is only 10 min. from my house. They order in the big bag for me at no extra cost and I am on a food plan where after I buy 12 bags (any size but I always buy the biggest bag) the 13th is free. This deal is good for two years, after paying $10 dollars to join the food club. I think I am on bag 6 so eventually I will save $64 - the $10 to join for his 13th bag.
    Last edited by KMARINO; 04-26-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Good idea @KMARINO I think I will for future knowledge. Here there is a store that is willing to order fromm for me BUT it is such a hassle with the girls to have to go and pick it up and hubby works a lot so I dont want to bother him to get it, not that he would mind but it is easier to use petflow. Plus it is cheaper or the same price for me to use it this way. So long as the return policy is easy anyhow.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can contact them, they are really good about issues like that @cali~jenn

My experience was with a bag of avoderm puppy food-- all my dogs turned they noses up to it. I was like whhhhhhaaaaaaat????? It also smelled sour. But there was a tiny hole in the bag.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads